Meet Hiccup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well I haft to say I was very disappointed in the Reptile Show in Minneapolis today! The place was packed and they had one vendor there w/ one bearded dragon--------------- and he didn't even know what breed it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really? So we left and went over to Odd Ball Pet Factory to look to see what they had there --- no paper whites -- I just wanted to see what one looked like exactly -- so we talked w/ the breeder for about an hour and saw a few babies - he brought out his female Red Leatherback and she was beautiful-- we ended up w/ a baby Red Leatherback -- not very old - I ended up buying a new UVB fixture and bulb as well -- so here is the tank and pic of Hiccup-- we have no idea what sex it is --
97951-2187044826.jpg
97951-4006794482.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear the reptile expo was disappointing. I'm glad you found your way to Hiccup though!

xxCRAZEE

One bearded dragon? How would that even be considered an expo....?

Definitely feel bad for anyone who wanted to find a little pal, but then discovered that. Total bummer. However! Hiccup is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see him grow bigger and bigger.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So we were told Hiccup is a boy and is not a Red Leather Back as we were sold- he is a reg ole bearded dragon- I am so pissed at the people at Odd Ball Pet Factory- I will never go there again - its not that I am disappointed in Hiccup its the fact that I was lied to and given bad advice from someone who takes advantage of people who are trying their best for the pet that they have bought! :angry5:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
97951-9791329540.jpg
Hiccup is growing-- this was taken June 3rd --- his getting where hes not freaking out when you put your hand in the tank -- he was hiding and running but hes getting better now-- we have him out every day handling him and talking to him letting him run on the back of the chair in the living room-- we haft to really watch him cuz he likes to jump and is constantly eyeing the floor - where I dont want him now - too many things he can still get under and the cats -- they will chase him so no floor for him till hes lots bigger -- for now the chair or couch where we can watch him--

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I have ordered him a blanket from the pampered bearded dragon w/ his name on it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
97951-4071204984.jpg
Here are some new pics of Hiccup - he was 10 inches long here about a week ago--
97951-2120493101.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's looking good! I think he'll love his new blanket too. They are really nice and hold up for a long time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So we had Hiccup into Fins and Friends today and the breeder there told us from his coloring that is going on she thinks he might be a Citrus / Tiger dragon-- and its possible he has red leather in him too- he is not a Hypo and he is an original dragon-- she said the older he gets his coloring is going to change -- so his outing was an adventurous one for him as he got to go out to eat at Taco Johns --- he likes his little carrier we got him but of course he'd rather be out in the car - he likes to look all around while sitting on my daughter --- he was a little nervous but not too bad as he didnt turn black or anything-- which is good --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
97951-7034557685.jpg
Hiccup is shedding and getting bigger-- last measured he was 12 inches -- dont have a weight but he is eating me out of house and roaches!! I am also feeding him mustard greens and collards - along w/ a horn worm or super worm - one at a time- plus I now have some nutri grubs -- he seems to be pretty healthy and very active- loves coming out and sitting on me or Khloe and the back of the chair in LR-- he likes to watch the birds in the feeders in my front yard-- I have been thinking of getting a bigger tank - going to a 75 gallon-- was pricing them out at Fins and Friends--
97951-9690730120.jpg
97951-3925227891.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So here is Hiccup today-- his citrus really showing -- hes eating me out of house an roaches- I am ordering on line from Dubiaroaches.com and getting a order from them every week. I am also feeding him 1 horn worm per day along w/ 1 super worm per day - greens of which I have started putting the roaches in his salad bowl so he eats them -- he is also getting BFL as well -- he seems to be healthy
XIMG]
and growing like a weed-- every time he sheds his color is more prominent!
97951-3621521024.jpg
He also spends alot of time in his hide -- sleeping - I am assuming its cuz he is growing and shedding- but he is basking like he should and going potty every day so --- I plan to get him into the vet in Sept for a check up before winter sets in -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom