New Rescue. LONG STORY with pics, but worth the read I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrichmond120

Original Poster
HippieLizards":3qfka66z said:
Lol, Thor and Loki would try to mate with shoes. Loki would attack my flip flops and he would try to mate with it. This was a video I found and the way the beardie was acting in the first few seconds was almost just like Loki did to my poor shoes Lol. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj2iKn_29vaAhWHtlMKHVQODTIQtwIIJzAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-tV8pNnfRio&usg=AOvVaw0RcR--TeSgFaKfJDiFfgMR

LOL that video is too funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't believe her feet are from sand, she also has a lot of the same color in stripes around her eyes and on her beard, I guess time will tell though. But I looks to be the true color of the scales on her hands and feet.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, That video was one of my favourite videos. and It was hilarious watching Loki do it. :lol:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
How is she doing for you today? Does she seem to be doing well for you? Please keep us posted. :D

dezismom

Juvie Member
The video is hilarious! That Beardie has some serious urges going on, poor dear!! :):):)Looks familiar, actually.. Dezi was much the same,

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, Loki did that again today.. but not with a shoe, But my poor innocent feet. :shock: Thankfully he bit my pants and not me Lol. But still. :?

jrichmond120

Original Poster
Sorry Its been a while since I updated, I have been really busy and just have not been online much lately. But here is the BIGGEST surprise of the whole ordeal Seems our little princess came with a lot of baggage. My wife was watching a video on YouTube and the girl on there was talking about behaviors of gravid females... I had been playing with her and holding her much of the day as we watched TV but never thought to palpitate her, for I felt she seemed so small and that there was no way she could even be old enough to have eggs. But just to ease my wifes curiosity I done it. I had notice that even though she was eating plenty and pooing regularly that her poops were a bit smaller than usual. So I picked her up and felt her belly and if felt as if she swallowed a whole bag of jelly beans without chewing, The next morning I rushed to Lowe's and purchased a bag of play sand. Put it in a tote, poured in a pot of really warm water and placed in inside with her heat lamp overhead.....
98650-2627454512.jpg
98650-4167966526.jpg

I candled the eggs, and 18 out of 24 were fertile. Apparently her previous owners also owned a male. Now I wonder if they even keep them in enclosures or if they just allowed them to free roam since she escaped.

Mommy Is doing great she began eating as soon as She had a bath after giving birth, and is loving life I swear she has a proud smile on her face all the time now. We also went to Tractor Supply and picked up a incubator and I already had vermiculite on hand. So far the eggs seem to be doing great, I will candle them again on Sunday to see if there is any progress and check for veining.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)

jrichmond120

Original Poster
HippieLizards":17i7pcpi said:
Oh my goodness! I Totally didn't expect that! :shock: :D What a huge suprise! :D :shock: Have you been giving her liquid calcium like calcivet and has she been under the proper UVB? I Wonder what the babies will turn out to be like! :D

Here's a few articles on egg care that might help: http://www.beardeddragonlady.com/egg-care.html
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=166108
Thank you for the links. I have not giver her liquid calcium but I have increased her regular calcium powder intake and yes she is under proper UVB 10.0 t-5 ho bulb. She is very resilient and has beaten all odds. She has become a very healthy Dragon in the time that we have had her, and she seems really happy and even begs us with her big eyes to take her out of the tank and play with her. She withered to almost nothing right after birth and seemed so frail and skinny, but she has already gained her weight back nicely and plumped back up. Now I am just waiting to see if there is a second clutch on the way. I just need to find time to build her a proper enclosure the one she is in is just temporary, but is sitting in the middle of the living room because I haven't had a chance to build her new enclosure. She and my English Mastiff have become besties now though she chases his tail when it is wagging and they lay and stare at each other all the time. She does not seem to get stressed by him, no color change or black bearding or anything they just stare into each others eyes. Its quite adorable. Also thanks for the links I will check them out, I always like to keep myself informed

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
How are her and the eggs doing today? :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
I know it's a old post but, How has Leia and her eggs been lately? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom