Get to know me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mama2bearded

Hello everyone! My name is Katie and I....I mean my boys are new to the Beardie community. I have always loved Beardies and finally made the jump when my two boys (9 & 11) become interested in them as well. So we cleaned up our two 30 gallon tanks and started getting them set up. We purchased our beardies from our local Petco (I don't have a breader close and they had the best looking beardies/encolsures/setup) We are still in process of learning how to care for these little guys which is slowed down by them acclimating to everything. SO far it all seems to be going well besides some minor hiccups (have a heating question posted in another board here). Feeding is slow, they only eat one or two phoenix worms during their feeding time so we put a couple in their food bowls and they munch them down within an hour or two. They are VERY tiny little guys! I am still trying to figure out morning feeding, do I turn on their light for a bit before feeding or feed right away before warming up? I was very happy to find this site so I can get real advice from those who have hands on experience. I look forward to getting to know you all! I am going to try to attach some pics, hopefully it works. The tan one is Prowler and the grey one is Rocky. (sorry for the focus issue, kids had to help)
98457-3002809193.jpg
98457-3049936318.jpg

Hi there, welcome to the site!

You've got two cute little dragons there! I'm fairly new to keeping bearded dragons, but I know that my beardie, Stilgar, doesn't usually show much interest in food until he's had some time to bask. If they're willing to eat, feeding them early shouldn't do any harm though. Sidenote: phoenix worms are excellent feeders, but if their feeding stays slow you could try crickets/roaches too. My Gar just isn't that big on worms- he'll take a few if I offer them at his first feeding of the day when he's hungriest, but he goes wild for crickets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom