15 Years of wanting and I finally got my beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekrith

Hello everyone!

I'm brand new to the forum and just wanted to say hello and introduce my little (we think) guy, Floki! I've wanted a beardie since my friend got one when we were 12, sadly my parents said no because we didn't have the room or money at the time...plus they weren't sure a 12 year old could handle it.

Well, finally on March 24th of this year I brought Floki home. I've been in love with reptiles for as long as I can remember and beardies have always been a favourite of mine.

I'm guessing by colouring he's a normal and we were told he was only two weeks old when I got him...judging by his size I'd say closer to two months. Does that sound strange? Well I got him from a pet store (there were no local breeders in my area who had any available babies) and so I think the guy just had no clue.

He eats. He drinks. He poops on me...and in his food dish. Right now he's in a 20 gallon tank (I made the mistake of buying a kit...I've replaced everything that needs to be already) but he's being upgraded to a 50 gallon in about a week.

Anyway this got a lot longer than I planned but here's a few photos of my boy that I took yesterday and from the day I brought him home.

Day One

April 10

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Floki looks cute, they grow so fast at this age. It’s great that you are going to get him setup in a larger tank. I’m sure it will be easier to regulate temperatures. Definitely get a digital probe thermometer, if you don’t have one already. Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom