Meet Stilgar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Aww, he is adorable! Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask and we'll do our best to get them answered!

EddyRancid

Original Poster
Thankyou! I posted a lighting question in the enclosures section just now but other than that he seems to be quite happy so far!

dezismom

Juvie Member
Stilgar is a beauty! And has a big beardie grin on his face... I recognise that name from the sci fi book series, "Dune"? How old is Stilgar? I had no experience when I got my boy, Dezi, but with the help of this site, and some serious self educating, we did just fine. He is now three years old, and the best friend I have ever had. Cannot imagine my life, without him. You will become a total beardie "slave" soon, if you are not one already. ;) They have a way of owning us; they are amazing creatures.

EddyRancid

Original Poster
Haha thankyou! He's definitely already captured my heart- and you're correct, Stilgar is one of the desert dwelling Fremen from Dune! I'm not precisely sure Gars age, but I got him just over a month ago, and he was in a cage of other little dragons, couldn't have been more than 5-6inches, so I can't imagine he's more than 3 months old now...snout to tail-tip he's about 8.5inches now, though I only recently started actively tracking his growth.

dezismom

Juvie Member
Stilgar, the superstar! :)
At his size and age, you may be going to have a great big boy! I love the big boys! My Dezi is two feet and still growing...more to love. I am so happy that Gar has found such a good home. I will enjoy watching his progress, thank you for sharing him. We so often hear the sad stories of owners who have been given bad info, or cannot meet their dragons needs. It is refreshing to get the success stories--

Dezi says hello, Gar!
82765-8577291523.jpg

EddyRancid

Original Poster
Ah! What a great healthy looking beast you've raised! And thankyou! I definitely plan on doing everything in my power to help Gar grow up big and healthy too. Thank you for the welcome, and Gar says hello right back!
98290-6957176896.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
Gar, you are so adorable!
Yeah, Dezi is a beast, all right! :):) And I couln't love him more. He is truly a part of the family...we plan our trips with his needs in mind, and take him everywhere we go. Even had the RV modified to provide the electric outlets needed for his lamps, etc., and had a living space made over the cab! Our RV guy said he had some odd requests before, but had never modified for a lizard! He really got into it, making suggestions and we had some fun with that. Dezi owns us, and he can win over anyone who meets him. Your Gar will own you, too! Welcome to the wonderful, weird, world of Beardies!

Dezi on his "lizard ledge", behind the RV sofa. They can be great travelers.
82765-1469265386.jpg

EddyRancid

Original Poster
Hi guys, thought I'd post an update!
That's awesome that you've got Dezi a nice custom ledge, and really cool that you have him all set up as your traveling companion haha. Stilgar is doing well, he just edged past the 1ft mark and is energetic and seems happy(though getting ready to shed, which isn't his favorite thing)! He's definitely gotten more comfortable hanging out with me, with favorite lookout points around the apartment, and on me, haha.

98290-9433541428.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom