say hello to Sindragosa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
i got sindragosa at a Petco last year, she was alone in her tank with a couple dead crickets. she was not very well colored and they said she had been there too long to sell at this point (about 4 months). she was very lethargic and wasn't eating, also quite anemic looking. i wasn't planning to get a beardie as my last beardie had passed away a couple months earlier. however they offered me 5.00 for her and they said she was going to be sent back to the breader in a couple of days (this was middle of winter). so i picked her up and dusted off my old tanks and spent the next month feeding her baby food with blended roaches and vitamins in a syringe. she eventually started eating on her own and getting up and moving.

meal worms are her favorite, she never turns them down. horned worms are also a top choice and she goes through phases with roaches. she also loves her salads of kale, bach choy, cooked green beans, green onion, with meal worms and blueberries/calcium powder/multi vite/and water blended together and drizziled over her salad.

she enjoys watching the squirrels outside and chillin out in the window, she also enjoys watching tv on the couch and running through the house.

she is free range at home with two tanks which she always has access to climb in and out of as well as a series of cat trees with bridges to climb. her main tank is 150 gallon two story wtih 5 gallon pool wtih water fall (although she dosnt use that much so i dont keep it full anymore) and an outdoor tank wtih a beardie door to the patio - 225 gallon wood frame work with screen stretched around it, roughly about 6 feet tall so she can climb and sit in the sun.

here is a gallery of her life here at home over the last year: https://imgur.com/a/5zIKc

wGmtCTH.jpg

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Wow, seems like a great improvement from when you got her. Those are some large tanks, especially for a dragon who doesn't live in it. As a side note, mealworms aren't the absolute best, consider giving similar sized supers instead. stuff like collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, and dandelion greens would make a great addition to her diet and some squash too. $5 though... that's a cheap dragon(though I'm sure you made it up in check ups and the extra time spent with feeding her from a syringe :)

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea the cost does add up but i have a 800-1000 strong dubia roach colony, along with her 5 dollar or so a month greens budget. i also have the 120.00 bi annual vet visit and fecal smear to account for. and the 24" uvb lights although they dont get used a whole lot as most of her uvb comes from being outside.

she is rather spoiled... she is a very active beardie tho, by my math she walks/runs between 3/16th and 1/4 mile a day around the house, her food/water/hidie holes/basking are all in different areas of the house.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
ncc74656":9me6hz6z said:
yea the cost does add up but i have a 800-1000 strong dubia roach colony, along with her 5 dollar or so a month greens budget. i also have the 120.00 bi annual vet visit and fecal smear to account for. and the 24" uvb lights although they dont get used a whole lot as most of her uvb comes from being outside.

she is rather spoiled... she is a very active beardie tho, by my math she walks/runs between 3/16th and 1/4 mile a day around the house, her food/water/hidie holes/basking are all in different areas of the house.

Wow, that is quite the colony and a distance she walks. I would let my beardy free roam but one of my dogs is known for snatching up lizards from the backyard at my old house and my house is a bit hard to "beardy proof".

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ha, yea i suppose. years ago i had a beardie that would climb up on my black lab and ride him around the house, was quite funny

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she dosent even sleep in her tank, preferring to find a cool place else ware or more often than not i will go to bed and maybe 15 min later she will come climbing up into bed and curl up next to me on the pillow or burrow under the blankets. then come morning she will climb over me to get to the widow to watch the sun come up

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
ncc74656":2n7xtjzv said:
she dosent even sleep in her tank, preferring to find a cool place else ware or more often than not i will go to bed and maybe 15 min later she will come climbing up into bed and curl up next to me on the pillow or burrow under the blankets. then come morning she will climb over me to get to the widow to watch the sun come up

Aw, she's sounds like a sweet little dog inside of a dragon.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea, she really is in some ways. she comes with me to the stores, malls, work, some times the gym. she gets lots of socialization so i think that's why she acts that way rather than sitting in one spot most of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom