New To forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my Name is Micheal pronounced Michelle though. My bearded dragon's name is Princess Penelope. She is 19 inches long and i've had her since August of 2017. i bought her at a reptile show in Red deer Alberta, Canada and she is the best pet ever. Her house is a 55 gallon fish tank with fridge grates as the top to support a 100 watt bulb at one end for her cool side and a exo-terra 125 watt solar glo on the other for her basking and warm side. she's got a cave with a under glass heating pad for at night to keep her warm, a rock wall in-between the two sections because she loves to climb a few rocks to rub and lay on. a large salad bowl that changes colours daily a water dish that is given fresh daily. she gets 12 crickets 2 times daily dusted once a day to make sure she gets her calcium+D3 all extra calcium in the baggie goes onto her salad. She goes for runs outside her cage once a day in a dragon proof area for 2-3 hours or until she gets cold and a bath 1-3 times a week depending if she's shedding or not if sh's shedding she goes more often to help her even though she hates baths always tries to escape. She loves cuddles before bed and short car rides. Not sure how to post picture of her but will try to soon she loves to have her picture taken.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Given her size, I think she's at an age where she only needs one protein meal a day, sounds like a nice dragon by the way!

michellekeim

Original Poster
Could this be why she stopped eating her salad and will only eat her crickets??. and how many should I now only feed her if only giving her them once a day( sorry she is only my first)

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
michellekeim":3lhkczan said:
Could this be why she stopped eating her salad and will only eat her crickets??. and how many should I now only feed her if only giving her them once a day( sorry she is only my first)

You can just give her what you have been, just once or twice a week rather than two times a day. Yes, beardies often prefer protein to salad but you can't give in to their wants. "Starving" her a little while will make her likely give in to salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom