Introduction plus sad story- please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy. I'm sad to hear this. I was really rooting for him. Thank you for trying so hard to help him get better. I appreciate it and I'm sure he did.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
R.I.P. Spike. :( My condolences and I sincerely hope that, if you do choose to get another one, you won't suffer from the same heartbreak you face now.

dezismom

Juvie Member
I am so, so sorry for all that your family has been through. My heart goes out to you. You did your very best for Spike, but that is not always a sucess, no matter how hard we try. Please try to not second guess yourself. I learned this while working in the wildlife rehab jobs. We try and try, but we cannot control the outcome. We must try not become discouraged, but keep our hearts open to the next one.

Spike is at rest now, and you may be sure in your best efforts, which is all we can do....it does not make the pain and exhaustion better--that will only improve with time to heal. Your family has been through so very much. My dear friends lost everything in a hurricaine, and I saw how the effects were so long and widespread, with insurance fighting them the whole way, and financial affects for years...they are now in a new home, and life is good! There is a rainbow waiting for you, too, and there will be light at the end of the tunnel. I have used far too many silly sayings, and do not mean to downplay this experience, sorry! Words seem so insufficient. I send you my warmest thoughts and prayers. And also great admiration for the strength, determination and grace you have shared with us. Thank you for that gift. I will go hug on DeziLu, and give more gratitude and appreciation for my own blessings in life. May God bless you all with renewed strength and peace!

Carrie

Dezi says, there are happy days ahead for you, and there is a beardie out there, when you are ready, who is waiting for your great love and care.

82765-702137584.jpg

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
sorry it turned out this way.

i had a beardie couple years back (alexstraza), she was from a local breeder and was growing well. she had all the right food/water/lights, same as my current beardie has. i noticed an issue with some noduels in her mouth growing, took her in to the vet 4 times over 5 months because i was concerned and each time was told things look good, i got xrays and all that 3 of the times just to track things. then a month later she stopped moving her arms as much, her legs started to swell, her joints got more stiff. again at the vet and was given a light regime of anti inflam drugs. thought she was getting better but a few weeks later she wasnt able to hold onto things any more, she fell from about 3 feet in her tank and just laid there for a few minutes before crawling away. i took her to the vet AGAIN and was told she might just be too far gone for home treatment. i insisted i wouldnt put her down untill it was the last option so i left her there in their ICU for reptiles, they did the whole nine and a week/5500.00 later they called me in to tell me to put her to sleep. my last time holding her she opened her eyes for the first time in a couple days they told me... they said she would take a few hours to pass after injection and i had work so i didnt stay... on the way to work they called me to say she had passed. i still regret not staying and being there when she went........ god i regret that.... i was soo upset i cut up her tank and threw it in the closet, just couldnt look at it. while returning some pet supilies weeks later at petco i was offered my current rescue beardie for 5.00... wasnt planning on another but its just how things worked out

some times we just cant save them, luck of the draw

the necropsy semi concluded a genetic issue that lead to her passing, also others from the same clutch passed in the same manner i found out later. 300.00 for an autopsy on a lizard but i had a place here that does that locally, i also called around and to cremate a beardie is upwards of 500.00... just seems wrong to charge that much

licensetolizard

Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone. We are truly heart broken, but your words of encouragement really help. It’s nice to know you all feel we did everything we could. When we are ready and the time is right, we will adopt/rescue an older beardie that needs a good home, which we will give it. I was trying to post pics of Spike and of our little memorial service but I can’t figure out how from my iPhone.
Anyways thank you all again so much and I will keep you updated when we start the search for our rescue beardie ❤️

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd love to see pictures. From your phone you visit the website and it will go to mobile view. Click the green menu button on the top left and scroll down to user image upload manager. Click on new upload and then choose a photo from your phone. The rest is very similar to the desktop version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom