New here - meet Destiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
96467-701239040.jpg
Hi everyone!

We got our precious girl Destiny a few days before Christmas from Petco for our 10 year old. She was about 5 months we estimate. From the first moments she has shown so much affection and personality! We are so smitten!

We have 3 old cats. We try and get them used to each other. Two of the cats are pretty indifferent. The third is a mainecoon and acts too hunt-y with her so until she’s full grown we keep her from getting too close.

Destiny eats like 30-35 medium crickets a day and two bowls of salad. She likes all greens (usually dandelion greens mixed with kale) and green beans, zucchini, and an afternoon green grape finely diced. She won’t try anything that’s not green in color yet! We have offered tons more things like squash and prickly pear and blueberries but she won’t eat them (yet!). Her routine from the second day was to go poopy in the bath (big plastic bin) so she gets a warm dip every day. Shedding has gone very well so far with no retained scales.

My favorite part of having this interesting lizard is how much she appears to enjoy being held and carried around the house and exploring. At bedtime every night we have put her to bed by snuggling her in a little soft blankie on our chest for at least an hour. Then wrapped as a little burrito we have a tiny cat bed that we put in her Viv. She stays wrapped up until we turn her lamp on in AM. Then she very slowly wakes up and crawls out to bask.

We have a 55 gallon tank for her right now. 96-100f on hot side and 80-85 on cold end. Humidity is about 30-40% usually. We have a reptisun UVB. She has lots to bask on at different levels to choose her temperature. She has a hammock she goes to every night when she gets sleepy till we take her out to snuggle.

We took her to a vet who has seen reptiles and other special types of pets for 20 years just to get established. He said everything looked good. She loved all the attention she got there!!

Sorry to be lengthy! But if anyone has any advice or pointers based on anything I’ve shared please let me know! We want to give her the best! Thanks for reading and enjoy the pics of our sweet girl (I’ll post in replies as I figure the image uploader our). We really enjoy what everyone posts and love seeing ur beardies!
-Jennifer and Rob proud new beardies slaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom