New member, have pictures of new habitat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new joining this site but thanks to everyone on this site for all the info I have found. I bought a bearded dragon for my son for his birthday 12/16. I new nothing about caring for one but he had begged for months, he is 7. I read everything I could on caring for one over the last couple months and built this house for him. He is now 5 months old. I have a 75 watts basking bulb and a t5 zoomed 10.0 on the left side. he is 12-14 inches from UV light temps stay 100-110 depending on where he chooses to lay. The right side I have a 100w basking and zoo-med t8 10.0 he is 8-10 inches from uv light and temps 93-98 on that side. I feed him 100 BSFL daily (is this to much? always seems ready to eat) and give him rep-cal multi-vitamin two feedings per week, he eats mustard greens regularly and gets mango twice a week and I give him squash and sweet potato baby food sometimes . I have a home test kit for parasites, have seen nothing. I have gave him bene-bac do to water poop, seemed to fix it. She (don't tell my son its a girl, tried to tell him once but he had a melt down so for now spike is still a boy, lol) is around 13" but does not care for the tape so can't get a good measurement. Anything I am missing or any advise would be greatly appreciated..........William of North Carolina picture of spike was at @ 4months
97956-8415969093.jpg
97956-3255592762.jpg
[XIMG]97956240587006[/XIMG]
97956-6717117964.jpg
97956-7817725348.jpg

gunslingers

Original Poster
Thank you, it was a lot of work but my wife said if I let him get one it had to have a nice home that looked good in the house, so that is what I came up with. Yes HER name is spike, lol, it was named by my 7 year old who is in female pet denial, we didn't know how to tell the sex when we bought her. But personal don't care either way and he is none the wisher.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
You should post this under the DYI section on this site, it’s such a beautiful Beardie home. I wish I could make a forever home for Mystic. Love all the climbing branches. Spike will be happy forever.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Gorgeous enclosure. :D I bet your dragon really loves this enclosure. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom