New to Dragons and need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Idk I got mine as an adult. You really just have to read his signs. If he is happy to chill and explore more then an hour is ok as long as he isn’t getting TO cold. If he isn’t have a good time maybe 10 minutes is enough.

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
Baths only hydrate a beardie if he actually drinks while taking them. If not, I’d advise keeping these minimal unless he either soils himself or shows an enjoyment of water. Bathing can stress a lot of them out, and if he’s not drinking from them then it won’t help him hydrate. I have one beardie that loves water, but the majority just want out when they’re placed in water, so I don’t subject them to baths unless there’s a specific circumstance that requires it. But maybe yours is an aqua dragon like my guy. I’ll fill a shallow cake pan with a little water and he takes running leaps into it like it’s his own personal Slip and Slide. He loves splashing and dunking his head under water. Though he’s a bit of an anamoly when it comes to bearded dragons, his love of water provides endless amusement. ☺️

ciampi90

Original Poster
PodunkKhaleesi":mi58a3sd said:
Baths only hydrate a beardie if he actually drinks while taking them. If not, I’d advise keeping these minimal unless he either soils himself or shows an enjoyment of water. Bathing can stress a lot of them out, and if he’s not drinking from them then it won’t help him hydrate. I have one beardie that loves water, but the majority just want out when they’re placed in water, so I don’t subject them to baths unless there’s a specific circumstance that requires it. But maybe yours is an aqua dragon like my guy. I’ll fill a shallow cake pan with a little water and he takes running leaps into it like it’s his own personal Slip and Slide. He loves splashing and dunking his head under water. Though he’s a bit of an anamoly when it comes to bearded dragons, his love of water provides endless amusement. ☺️
It seems like he likes the water. He drinks from it and it removed his stress lines. He has been doing better since the last time i posted tho

ciampi90

Original Poster
He has been eating good and all but it has been 3 days since i got little eddy and he still hasent pooped. should i be worried?

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
I’d lower the temps so that 110 is the maximum. The sweet spot for youngsters is 100-110. Sorry if I already asked but are temps currently being taken with a temp gun (so you’re 100% certain they’re accurate)? That’s great if he enjoys the baths and does drink from them. If his current substrate is solid and poses no risk of impaction, he hasn’t been fed insects larger than the space between his eyes, and he’s even been drinking water, I don’t think there’s an impaction risk. Beardies can vary a bit in how often they have bowel movements. Some go once or even twice a day (not uncommon with babies when they’re chowing down on huge quantities of insects throughout the day), some several times a week. If he’s eating appropriate foods, doesn’t have a substrate like walnut shells or calcisand, and the temps are in the ideal zone don’t worry about impaction. And with the waving, there’s a chance he might be responding to his reflection in the glass. ☺️

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
ciampi don't use any bulbs that produces light at night i know opinions vary but i don't like to drop the temps at night below 75f, if you room gets to cold use a low wattage heat emitter as far the freeze dried i would not recommend as a staple they have no moisture live insects are always better Dubias are the easiest they cost more but there the best in all aspects,dont jump,don't smell as bad etc if your veggies are dry go ahead and ad some water they will also last longer during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom