New Baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Gang,

Today my boyfriend and I went to a reptile expo and came home with a juvey beardie!!
It is about 6 inches so im guessing about 2 months old, not sure on gender yet. We are still working on a name!

I had the tank set up prior to today the only thing i needed was a new UVB which i got at the expo (zilla 18 inch 50 watt). I did temp checks yesterday with just my heat light and it was going between 99 and 102 which is a little low (i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 105) so im going to temp again with the uvb light and see if that helped the temp go up a few degrees, if not ill get a stronger bulb.

So far after being home for a few hours she (guessing on that haha) loves being held (this is actually why we picked her specifically cause she was very content resting on my boyfriend's hand), she has had some greens, seems very alert and curious, and had a few repti worms (my pet store is out of crickets so i will be getting those tomorrow :( )

here are some pictures of the set up and of the baby!!
We are still working on names so any suggestions would be lovely!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear she is settling in well so far =). I'm unable to see your pictures because photobucket prevents them from being linked to other sites now. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and then post them to your thread using the XIMG button and they should show right up in your thread.

samphychippy

Original Poster
46137-9598194183.jpg
46137-9929376617.jpg
46137-3007111056.jpg
46137-9796165102.jpg
46137-5869604675.jpg
46137-7454800647.jpg
46137-3046848001.jpg
46137-9629078102.jpg

hopefully that worked!

few updates: i was using a 50 watt bulb but i didn't think it was getting warm enough (stayed around 99 and Rogue (we named it rogue!) had a darker belly and chin so got a 100 watt bulb and realized that was way too hot (and my boyfriend accidentaly put the heat bulb to close to the uvb bulb and melted part of the plastic but all the wiring and the uvb bulb is fine thankfully) so now we are at a 75 watt bulb with a temp of 109.

samphychippy

Original Poster
also i do have a reptisun 10.0 bulb, you cant see it in the pictures because when i took the picture i didnt have a fixture but i do so we are all set!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I can see the photos now. Was having trouble posting earlier for some reason. She looks happy and healthy. I like the way you have the tank set up too. Is your ReptiSun 10 a T5 bulb? Those work well in that tank. A T8 would need to be mounted inside though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom