new beardie owner, have been misled by pet store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepper60

93574-8956666528.jpg
I got my beardie last February from an exotic pet store near me that specializes in reptiles. I trusted them because they knew a lot about reptiles and they weren't a "chain pet store". Anyway, they told me that my bearded dragon should be eating super worms as an everyday insect, now I find out that super worms are very fatty and not very good for beardies. :( ( The pictures are from the day I got her, and then here today.) :D

1) Does anyone know of a good stable worm I can feed my beardie?

2) She is now 12 months old and a bit overweight should I still be feeding insects every day? along with greens

3) how can I help her lose weight?
93574-7211337867.jpg

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of beardies! I'm sorry to hear about your experience, sadly this isn't uncommon to hear. To help her lose weight, get her to eat more greens/less protein. If you'd like to feed worms, the only really great ones are silkworms or Phoenix worms (also know as Repti-Worms, Calci-Worms, or Black soldier fly larvae, all the same thing).

pepper60

Original Poster
JessPets":1rmgzhf1 said:
Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of beardies! I'm sorry to hear about your experience, sadly this isn't uncommon to hear. To help her lose weight, get her to eat more greens/less protein. If you'd like to feed worms, the only really great ones are silkworms or Phoenix worms (also know as Repti-Worms, Calci-Worms, or Black soldier fly larvae, all the same thing).

Thank you so much for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom