Glass Vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suesutt

I have been advised that a glass vivarium doesn't hold the heat well enough for my dragon and it will cause problems for his bones, but most people seem to have glass tanks. Can anyone recommend the best heating for the glass tank. Im guessing the lamps that came with the tank are not good enough. Also, should he have heat overnight - I have been switching it off for about 8 - 10 hours. Thanks

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Glass tanks are fine. A bright white bulb is needed for a basking light. Also no heat source is needed as long as your house does not get colder than 65.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use a glass tank and it's fine. It doesn't hold heat the way a wooden viv does, but I can easily achieve basking temps using a PAR38 halogen flood light. You probably need to try different wattages to find the proper one for your setup but once you have that it should be fine. Temps overnight should stay above about 65 in the tank. If they do, then you don't need overnight heat. Otherwise using a ceramic heat emitter or heat projector to bump the temps no higher than the low 70s overnight is advised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom