Kevin's new baby sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Got a new baby yesterday, haven't named her yet but have to show her off and ask a couple quick questions! She's only 7in long, not sure on weight yet since my scale has been wonky.

But here she is:
96176-8461726135.jpg
96176-4223926696.jpg
96176-2061956306.jpg

She's so dang pretty! Very sweet and energetic little baby!

Here's my questions. #1: I know the little ones sleep in weird ways, I've looked at every page of the thread here, but is it ok if she goes from this:
96176-1745085917.jpg
To this:
96176-3005959587.jpg
LMAO I didn't take a picture when she did it because I was terrified and moved her, but she fell over kinda backwards. Not completely on her back but a little in the middle of her back and side. Her feet and tail stayed in the same position. I honestly thought she was dead. I snatched her up and wrapped her in a blankie until she fell asleep then put her back in the tank and she stayed wrapped up all night. I would like to let her go to sleep however she wants but that was a little too scary!

Also, she has 3 indents on her tail tip. It's probably sibling bites, but is there anything I should do to it or watch out for?
96176-5468324488.jpg

She's so different from Kevin! Even before he was hurt, he never slept weird, just flat sprawled out in the corner. He never had as much energy either. So it's all new to me! I'll do an edit when we figure out a name for her!

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Such a cute baby. I have seen that sleeping behavior in babies before. Congrats on the new addition! I got a new baby last night too, mine is supposed to be about 6 weeks old.

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lizardmom25":2j5kvh4h said:
Such a cute baby. I have seen that sleeping behavior in babies before. Congrats on the new addition! I got a new baby last night too, mine is supposed to be about 6 weeks old.

I'm actually pretty curious to see how she goes to sleep tonight. Luckily I had already seen them sleep weird so I just thought it was cute and took a pic. But about 15mins later she had fell over & it was too scary! She's supposed to be 2months, well 7 weeks. She's really too small, I'm so afraid I'm gonna crush her lol!

Congrats on your new baby also! They just so dang cute when they're so itty bitty!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, she's a cutie and looks the picture of health. They are already very hardy at that age, I raised a lot of them + they are eating machines at 7 inches when healthy. She should grow like a weed. Always careful when carrying, they love to jump their hyper selves at that age. Carry her only in another container or with her against your body.

Kevin's little sister needs a name, are you looking on the internet ? How about Keisha ? I think it means joy or loyal one. The tail nips are common, 99.9 % of the time nothing to worry about.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks nice and healthy. I'm glad she has a happy home with you. It shouldn't hurt her if she slides sideways if she falls asleep against the glass but if it's uncomfortable I'd bet she'll learn her lesson soon enough =). As AHBD mentioned do be careful about her wanting to climb and jump. The little ones seem to think they can fly and can get hurt if you don't look out for them a bit more than needed with an adult.

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2qr5ooyy said:
Aw, she's a cutie and looks the picture of health. They are already very hardy at that age, I raised a lot of them + they are eating machines at 7 inches when healthy. She should grow like a weed. Always careful when carrying, they love to jump their hyper selves at that age. Carry her only in another container or with her against your body.

Kevin's little sister needs a name, are you looking on the internet ? How about Keisha ? I think it means joy or loyal one. The tail nips are common, 99.9 % of the time nothing to worry about.

I definitely guard her when moving around cause she is definitely a jumper. I've watched her jump from stick to stick in her tank and from my hand to my chest when I hold her. She's just so small! I told Kevin she makes him look gigantic LOL!

She does definitely need a name. I had Kevin named before we even got him to the car when I got him. I was just completely caught off guard by her. We've been tossing names around but none stick. Keisha sounds pretty good to me. I'll let you have the honor of naming her since you've been there for me & Kevin so much! So if you like Keisha, then Keisha it is!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Awwww....only if your family likes it. I think it's cute. Sounds like a name for a spunky + lively girl. :)

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1a7x5bz8 said:
Awwww....only if your family likes it. I think it's cute. Sounds like a name for a spunky + lively girl. :)

I'll run it by everyone when they come home. Husband's at work & daughter is off playing. But I like it. It goes well with Kevin. Keisha & Kevin Love ??

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
She's so tiny, but very pretty and she looks healthy too. :love10:

BTW, you're not the first person to promise yourself you wouldn't get another beardie (in the near future or ever) and then have another one before you know what hit you. You won't be the last, either. They have a way of finding their way into your life when you least expect it. Hopefully your husband will keep his promise to help you with all your new "babies" -- human and otherwise. :)

Yes they're very good at falling asleep in weird positions -- usually nothing to worry about. :wink:

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":3n1tuoew said:
She's so tiny, but very pretty and she looks healthy too. :love10:

BTW, you're not the first person to promise yourself you wouldn't get another beardie (in the near future or ever) and then have another one before you know what hit you. You won't be the last, either. They have a way of finding their way into your life when you least expect it. Hopefully your husband will keep his promise to help you with all your new "babies" -- human and otherwise. :)

Yes they're very good at falling asleep in weird positions -- usually nothing to worry about. :wink:

LOL I really didn't expect her but she is awesome. Gives me something else to obsess over & quit poking at Kevin all day. Poor guy, I'm like that horrible overprotective mom that puts there baby in a bubble so nothing will happen to them ?

I think she's got some relocation stress going on after all. She ate pretty good yesterday morning, a few greens & maybe 6 crickets (she actually hunts them so I can't completely control it, so wierd) but hasn't eaten anything since. She did go poo yesterday but it was so tiny lol. Everything looked good about it. I'm trying to not go into crazy lady mode on her too. Kevin never had any issues when I 1st brought him home so it's all new. She does like to be held at least.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Starla,

Kevin's little sister is super cute & beautiful, too! :D
They do sleep in very odd positions for sure. You could wrap her up in her blankie at night
when it's almost her bedtime, to put her to bed. She would really bond with you & it is very
soothing also, to hold them while they go to sleep.
I am sure you will really enjoy her!

Tracie

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
A little relocation stress is to be expected when they move to a new place. At least she seems to enjoy cuddles. (I got a little behind in the last couple of weeks so I'm catching up and hope she's still doing well.)

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":2fmtsoii said:
A little relocation stress is to be expected when they move to a new place. At least she seems to enjoy cuddles. (I got a little behind in the last couple of weeks so I'm catching up and hope she's still doing well.)

She's settled in just fine now. Eats like a horse, greens & all! She is so adorable when She hunts. So tiny, but fierce! She looks sleepy a lot, but I think she's just got droopy eyes. They are a lot bigger than her head lol! Friday she went through a full body shed in just a couple hours! Drove her absolutely crazy. She was flinging herself against anything she could, scratching like a dog, even rubbing all up on me to get it off. It was fun to watch. Kevin isn't able to do that so it was definitely new. I took a few pics of her just cause she was so mad.

96176-6422499204.jpg
96176-9650066783.jpg
96176-7130892104.jpg

Then after it was all over, I took her out in the syn for a minute & she went complete sexy legs on my hand lol!

96176-8919768799.jpg
96176-8868546085.jpg

She's definitely got a little personality on her.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Her new skin is beautiful. :love10:

Looks like she really enjoys being outside, and she must be glad to have that messy shed done with. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom