Soon to be owner of a bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephIngram23

Hello all!!
I am currently in the process of set up the Vivarium for our new member of the family!
We have researched and have all the correct equipment and the temperatures are good to go!!
My question is........ what do you do with the lights?? Do you leave them on all the time?? Do 12hrs on/12hrs off?? I’ve read that much I’m not sure what to do!!!!! We live in England so it’s not the warmest, the house stay between 18-20 degree Celsius.
Any advice would be fab!! Trying to make sure we are good to go for when we pick him up next week
Thanks ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to see you're doing research ahead of time. That will make a big difference. It's good to have a long daylight cycle, but not all day. Shoot for 14hrs or so give or take an hour or two. You can adjust it based on what best fits your schedule. It's a good idea to use mechanical outlet timers to automate things. Basking light and UVB light can be attached to the same timer.

Please let us know if you have any other questions and feel free to post photos of your new buddy when they arrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom