New Mama with ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello & thank you for a wonderful site! I'm a first time owner with multiple questions; did read & research; want to clarify as many things conflict with info given to me by seller/exotic store... I just want to best guesstimate her age & do what will allow her to thrive ❤️

Josie's "gotcha" day: 1/6/18 (a tangerine ? girl)
Stats on 1/8/18: length (nose to tip): ~13 1/16"
weight: 85 grams

Store set up viv for us; Tank 36"LX 181/4"DX 163/4"H;
Reptisun 10.0, 25W, 36" UVB, Zoomed 100W Reptile bask spot lamp UVA, Zoomed 100W Nocturnal Infated heat lamp (those 2 bulbs in a Zoomed combo dome lamp fixture) which sits directly atop the firm screen cover; also reptitherm medium UTH placed on same side of tank as domed lights. Some type of "bark" as substrate; driftwood 8" from lights on hot side; has hide, food & water dish.

Have turned off UTH completely; infared on at night only; UVA/UVB 12 hours on/off. Basking 100-105; cool 72-77 with infared gun; Stooling daily; ate 6 crickets & 3/8C mixed greens (endive/dandelion) on 1/8, then same amt greens & 12 crickets on 1/9 (dusted w/ repti-cal). Store only fed her every other day and did not know her age... would she be ~5-6 months? Eliminate bark-- best substrate? Amounts & schedule for greens/protein? Would the Phoenix worms &/or dubia roaches be a nutritional/economical/nonstinky alternate to crickets? Lighting ?? Temp probe thoughts?

So sorry to inundate with ?; many thanks in advance ❤️
Mama

mamacita05

Original Poster
Forgive me, I'm unfamiliar with the term reprising tube-- is that the UVB? And the compact etc reference; is this in relation to the fluorescent light?

All input is valued; did I post under the wrong thread/forum title? Guidance on estimating Josie's age would be so appreciated. Any takers? Many Thanks!

mamacita05

Original Poster
destiny1998":1wplttkj said:
Hi. Is the uvb light a coil/compact or long tube? And che is for if your house gets below 65 otherwise no heat source is needed.

The uvb is a 36" long tube; no more infared. House set at 70 degrees (east coast). Will monitor cage temps.
Thank you!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Is the uvb a t8 or t5? It should say on the bulb. If its a t8 and on top of the mesh screen then it needs to be mounted in the tank. The t5 is stronger and can be put on top of the screen. Also I use ceramic tile for substrate. Way easier to clean and no risk of impaction. I bought the tile at home depot for like $6 a box.

mamacita05

Original Poster
destiny1998":7r9snvgb said:
Is the uvb a t8 or t5? It should say on the bulb. If its a t8 and on top of the mesh screen then it needs to be mounted in the tank. The t5 is stronger and can be put on top of the screen. Also I use ceramic tile for substrate. Way easier to clean and no risk of impaction. I bought the tile at home depot for like $6 a box.

Bulb is a t5, whew! Your guidance & tips are greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom