Introducing my beardie and i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko98

Hey guys. My name is Nick, im 19 and from the Blue Mountains just out of Sydney, Australia. I always wanted a pet beardie and have finally been able to purchase one for myself!
I got a hatchling about 6 weeks old from a local pet shop. I was eyeing off a very nice one on display, but some other people bought it while i was chatting with the reptile keeper about my setup! So, he went out back and brought out its little sibling and offered to sell me that one.
The little bubba is very happy, about 8 weeks old now. I'm waiting to find out its gender for sure before i name it, so bubba will have to do for now! Its got a very relaxed nature, and loves to fall asleep in the strangest positions!
Im looking forward to getting to know you all and to learn all i can about keeping and potentially even breeding beardies in the future!
26638008_1983472855009962_489251629_n_zpsktqylnzf.jpg

How can that be comfortable?!?

Nicko98

Original Poster
Hey, sorry I haven’t replied!
I completely forgot about this forum!
My beardie, Liz, is doing very well! She’s 8 months old now and close to the 30cm mark.
She also has a friend, ‘Daisy’ who was surrendered to the local pet shop by her owners. Daisy is 5 years old, she shows some symptoms of mbd when she was younger, but she is healthy and happy!
The two of them spend most of their time roaming my house, finding anywhere dark to bury their heads in, or in their tank that I built!
I don’t know exactly what lighting I use, as most of their heating and UV comes from the natural sun down here in Sydney, Aus!
I haven’t had any issues with either of them and the mrs loves them as much as I do!
I’ll see about getting some more up to date photos for you all to see!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear they are doing well and you were able to give a good home to another dragon! The natural sun is great for them. I love the photo of the double pancake they are doing in the sunlight =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom