First bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransom

Hey guys my name is ransom and my bearded dragon is Buford named after my dad's first bearded dragon when I was a kid. As for Buford I got him from a pet shop in Antioch he was marked really aggressive wouldn't let anyone touch him he snapped at everything he could that entered his cage.. I went back and forth for a few days trying to decide if it was a good idea to get him due to the fact I have a 11 month old at home..

Well 5 days ago I went into see him and a small group of teens we're trying to hold him but they started knocking the tree brach he had in there on him poking him.. and me and my cousin had enough we chased them out and I bought him that dad..

He was agressive as heck don't blame him got bit alot. But after 3 days of non stop trying to show I'm not his enemie he let me hold him bathe him and he finally ate alot after his bath.. I'm now working with him on my dog since their both come from abusive pasts.

He's a whole new bearded dragon and I'm happy I got him. The bites sting but it was worth it. He loves to cuddle on my shoulder and he has a old t-shirt in his cage that he lays on alot.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, and KUDOS to you for rescuing this little guy! I would definitely try to keep your dog and dragon far away from eachother, as you never know what might happen. If you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to ask!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad he's settling in so quickly. Thank you for taking him and giving him a happy home. I'm sure he appreciates it and will be a good buddy to you. As mentioned please feel free to post any questions you have and we'll be glad to help. I look forward to hearing more about his progress with you =)

Okay, so shall I just...tell you some tips and tricks of the...trade? Okay, so this is pretty easy and obvious, but never, ever, stress your bearded dragon by playing with it when it is reluctant, taking it outside when it is scared, or other stressful situations. Also, make sure his food is as big as the space between his eyes. This is pretty easy tips, so I will give you a few more complicated ones. Bearded dragon's usually like warm-ish water when you are bathing them, so don't make it too cool or hot. Always go onto the internet before giving them food to make sure it is okay or un-poisonous for them. This is very important. I think most bearded dragon parents can say that they have had close calls. Too close calls, even. Bearded dragon's are inquisitive creatures, and will not hesitate to dig in to whatever you give them. Just like children, they will want to eat "yummy" foods. These are foods such as worms and bugs. However, make sure they have a good option (actually just tell them they have to have it) of vegetables and/or fruits. It is important for them to have a balanced diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom