Introducing Lizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizzyLizzy08

96385-494659367.jpg

Meet Lizzy and my son PK. Lizzy moved in on the 26th and she's doing great. There are so many things to learn about caring for Beardies. We're off to a good start and should be set up really well once Amazon delivers a few things. i.e. laser thermometer, switch timer, and subscription for live food. I have a feeling we are going to be raising Dubia roaches. Gross! Roaches are the only thing that gives me the heebie jeebies. But seems to be the better option for Lizzy.

Just curious. How often do they poo? What about shedding? I had no idea until I stumbled upon this website. TIA.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! Lizzy looks like she really is comfortable with her boy P.K. and it's good to hear that she's doing well. :) A young dragon usually poos every day, shedding can be every month or more often at Lizzy's size, but they all grow at different rates.

Just a little FYI, be VERY careful of shoulder surfing....many a beardie has taken a tumble or a leap from up high + been severely injured. Always carry the dragon or hold it with one hand against your chest. We love their tameness but they are also impulsive and will jump suddenly at times.

Another thing to beware of is any small object on the floor will quickly be swallowed...rubber bands, paper clips, pieces of paper, coins, etc.... so always check the floor before letting Lizzy down.

I look forward to hearing more about Lizzy's adventures + seeing her progress. Please post pics of the set up when you can and if you are unsure of her gender you can post pics here also with tail arched high in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom