Introducing the young Lord(e) Artemis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I got a new beardie about two weeks ago. His previous owner didn't have the time to handle a ~3 month old beardie properly, and gave away the whole setup along with the beardie himself!
This is my first beardie, but my sister had one several years ago that I would help out with occasionally. She's at college now, or else she would have taken in this lovely kiddo!
The setup came with a heat lamp (but the bulb was old and didn't emit enough heat : / ), a 15 gallon tank, a water dish, a food dish, a decent rock that acts as a hide, and a log. I definitely went out the next day to get a uv bulb/hood and a few replacement heat bulbs.
He's quite the curious little guy, and hates going back in his tank after being handled, even though he was skittish and hated being touched for the first few days. It's so sad to have to force him back in!
There have been a few problems though... But I'll probably make a separate post about all that in the general discussion board here in a little while. It's good to be here, and I hope everyone's beardies are doing well!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you're able to give the little guy a good home =). Please feel free to post some photos of him if you'd like. We'll also be happy to run through your setup to make sure everything is just right for him. I would start planning a bigger enclosure for him soon since he will quickly outgrow a 15g tank. Probably best to look into a 4x2x2' adult enclosure similar to this https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html

EvilMuffinOverlord

Original Poster
Thank you! I was happy to be able to give him a good home too :>
My family just ordered a 24"x18"x24" tank for him, so that should be settled here pretty soon too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom