Two New Babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

niqniq935

Hello everyone!

My fiance and I got two new bearded dragons two days ago from petsmart. They're both babies and his has orange markings in it so it's regarded as fancy by petsmart. We set them up in a nice enclosure together with a couple of different rocks and a really nice basking spot. His beardie, 'Fancy' likes to be in water so there is a little pool there. Is that okay or should we take that out? It's only about 8 inches long. I've named mine DeVante but I'll change it to CoCo if it's a girl.

Fancy in their favorite spot
znsdxvf.jpg

DeVante seems to be shedding already
r4ckvgd.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderfully mystical world of dragons!

I really hate to be the one that tells you this but, it cannot be stressed enough!
Dragons are VERY territorial creatures. They will fight (sometimes to the death) if housed together. They should never be housed together because, it starts out very subtle and, escalates rapidly. You might even think that some of the behaviors are cute but, in fact they lead to one dragon thriving while the other struggles to just survive.
I am not saying this to be mean, I am merely trying to save your dragons from the inevitable.

You need to desperate vivs , one for each, ASAP!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Take out the dish. He can drown or get to chilled and get sick. How are you taking the temps?

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Gormagon":2p8vrxhj said:

I really hate to be the one that tells you this but, it cannot be stressed enough!
Dragons are VERY territorial creatures. They will fight (sometimes to the death) if housed together. They should never be housed together because, it starts out very subtle and, escalates rapidly. You might even think that some of the behaviors are cute but, in fact they lead to one dragon thriving while the other struggles to just survive.
I am not saying this to be mean, I am merely trying to save your dragons from the inevitable.

I agree with Gormagon, get separate vivs asap. If that is out of your budget, try looking for a friend or family member that can look after it for a few weeks until you get a viv.\
Maybe this article will help you understand: http://vivariumworld.co.uk/blog/can-two-bearded-dragons-be-kept-together/

Best of luck :D ,
Claire and Arrow

PS remember you can always temporarily divide the cage if any aggressive behavior shows, babies can lives in a 20 gallon until they outgrow it, but should always have ATLEAST a 40 gallon, if not 50 breeder (which i have for my spoiled baby) tank when they are adults.

Thank your for your time. :D

niqniq935

Original Poster
destiny1998":ok6lhun8 said:
Hi. Take out the dish. He can drown or get to chilled and get sick. How are you taking the temps?
I have the crappy wall one but I also just brought a infrared gun. The wall one actually isn't too far off. It's within about 2 degrees of what my gun is saying.

niqniq935

Original Poster
Gormagon":2pn7wpe0 said:

I plan to separate them in about a month when they're a little bigger and I have a bigger apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom