Question about vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeT74

I really want to get a beardie (again.. it's been 14 years since I last had any) but am tight on room. Is it possible to have a 2 floor vivarium for a bearded dragon? as in I want to transform an arboreal vivarium that Is 2 ft x 2 ft x 3ft 6 high by putting a shelf in with a ramp to the second level, with a heat lamp and uv tube in the top level and perhaps a heat mat on the ground level. Please offer constructive advice?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's possible but I would extend it a bit wider if you can. An adult can grow to be 18-24'' long so a 24'' long tank wouldn't provide much room even with a second level. It would be better with at least 36'' wide if you can (48'' would be better). The extra overhead space is good though, as long as it's relatively easy to move about between levels along branches or something like that. This will allow you to create an area with high heat and high UVB, an area with just high heat, and areas that are cooler by building some platforms perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom