Here's... Kopi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzTaina

HI Everyone,

I am new to the bearded dragon world, and sorry, this is my second post... I missed this section somehow. However, it is never too late to introduce myself and Kuchi Kopi to everyone! Kopi for short.

I got her a few months ago and I am seriously wondering why I have never had a bearded dragon before! She has seemed to bonded with me and hates to be put back in her cage. She likes to watch my boyfriend's hedgehog run around with a toilet paper roll on her head and is slowly getting used the rescue Chameleon, which I acquired from a coworker.

I am trying to attach a picture now. But, I haven't quite figured that out yet... so... stay tuned.

Update! Here is a photo, assuming this worked. She patiently waiting on her couch as I put my shoes on before we went out. She was also a bit grumpy because she was shedding.

full

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
What a beauty! Shes in great care.
Could you post a pic of her set up and what u use? Just curious

Im getting my baby this saturday and im really excited.

JazzTaina

Original Poster
Well, unlike most people here and unfortunately, I didn't know anything about bearded dragons. It was a fast purchase by the boyfriend. He got me the ZooMed 40 gallon tank kit. Since Kopi's arrival I've have been reading a lot of books and reading all the fantastic info in this forum. Turns out everything in the kit isn't necessarily great.

It came with sand. Then I read how that could be bad. So I switched it to repticarpet. And Kopi does not like it at all. But I did read in another posting about slate tiles. So, I'm looking into that. She might like that better.

I hope to build her a tank in the future (probably after the holidays. I've seen some amazing tanks in the forum. If you look around, there is some great inspiration in the posts here. And way better setups than I have.

I also put up one of those cling wrap backgrounds on two of the walls of the cage. Kopi has always been the very nervous type and I read that might help calm her and it did.

As far as the little couch in the picture above. I got it from Petsmart on the ferret section. She chills on that when I take her out. I put a little towel in there and she likes to take naps there. If I'm sitting next to her, she usually crawls out and climbs on top of me to fall asleep. She also likes to hang out on my shoulders and nuzzle my neck and fall asleep like that too. I didn't know reptiles would even do that.

Is this your first dragon? What are you going to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom