Does my setup look up to par?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
I have a reptisun 10.0 22 inch t5 long tube, and i have a phillips halogen 90 watt basking bulb.
The basking spot gets anywhere from 100 - 105 F. Is this good? I have 2 caves as u can see and a basking spot. I have brown reptile carpet and im making a background. Im getting my beardie on sunday and if theres anything I need I will get it. Also it gets to around 69 at night, should I turn on my che or is this hot enough? Im also going to put one of my old fluffy hoodies for it to get used to my scent, or is this a bad idea?

95447-332952845.jpg

Thanks
PS the UVB looks awfully bright, Is this normal?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderfully, magical world of bearded dragons.

The only thing I would do differently would be move the basking spot to one end or the other to get a good temperature gradient across the vivarium. Other than that.... Looks good!

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for responding so quickly!

I took your advice and moved it more to the right

Also, do you think my dog would be a threat?

Thanks!

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My cool side is around 73 - 75, is this enough? I know its supposed to be higher and I have a extra dimmable fixture and 95 watt bulb, could I put it on a low dim to raise it? Or would that be dangerous?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
What I have done in the past, (before I got a wooden viv) was put a towel over the cool end to help bring up the temp some. You can adjust it by opening the far end and, let some heat escape.
How are you getting the temperature readings?

Dogs can be a threat if they are outside the viv together .. Really depends on your dog. Cats on the other hand should NEVER be left alone in the same room with your dragon "even in the viv"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom