Advice for new beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushu321

So I am getting my first beardie in about two weeks, he will be about 8 weeks old when I bring him home. I've been doing my research for a while now, and collecting all of his supplies. I want to make sure I have everything for him to thrive, this is what I have so far- 40 gallon terrarium, tile for his substrate, two thermometers, hydrometer, shallow water dish, food dish, 100 watt basking bulb, Reptisun 10.0 UVB, a hide away, hammock, and a piece of driftwood for his basking spot. I've also been temping his terrarium to make sure its ideal, at the highest point of his basking spot it is 115 degrees. the heat around his basking area is about 85-90, and the cool side is about 75. Should I get a heat lamp for the cool side too, to get it up to around 80 at least? I feel like 75 is too cold. Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
What brand and type of UVB are you using? It is a VERY important part of your dragons life and, he will need the best to survive.
I recommend the long tube type UVB bulbs and fixtures such as....
Acadia 12%D3 or the reptisun 10.0 T5HO

Mushu321

Original Poster
It is a Reptisun 10.0 compact, I'll definitely look into the long tube ones, it seems every post I have read on here recommends those! Do you think my temps are okay for a juvenile beardie? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom