I’m a new bearded dragon owner and I need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan101

Original Poster
So I got 2 uvb bulbs and fixtures for both tanks. I want to work on making their tanks more like their actual environment any advice? I know I could watch videos but I’d like advice from somewhere on here haha

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's tough to mimic their natural environment in small enclosures but the more variety you can offer the better. Create places to climb and places to hide. Provide areas that are basking temps (100-105 or so) and areas that are cooler (75-80 or so). Areas with high UVB exposure and areas with low UVB exposure (shade). They are very good at self regulating so if you make a wide variety available to them, they can get what they need at a given time. Taterbug put together a helpful guide that illustrates this concept a bit more. https://sites.google.com/site/thelizardmadness/photogradient

Spartan101

Original Poster
Alright thank you. Also they both seem to be doing better the female is actually eating her Vegetables (she also loves to eat raspberries) and the male isn’t showing he is stressed his beard is actually stay it’s white color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom