New Beardie soon! few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Hey Everyone!

I have one quick question about lighting, whats the difference between Reptisun 10.0 and Reptisun 10.0 HO?

This was probably already answered but I still don't know the difference.

Thanks!

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
The Reptisun 10.0 is a T8 size fluorescent tube, while the 10.0 HO is a T5 size tube. The H0 tends to provide more powerful, farther-reaching UVB (from what I've read). But mostly the difference impacts what type of fixture you need to get for it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The HO is a bit of a marketing gimmick. T5 is higher output than a T8 and these refer to the size of bulb and type of fixture needed. The 10.0 bulb is higher output than a 5.0 bulb and is specific to the bulb. In most cases what you're looking for is a T5 10.0 (or 12% with Arcadia labeling).

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
22" should be fine. Make sure you have a fixture that will fit a T5 bulb, though — many standard fluorescent fixtures will only fit a T8.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Yep, lighting can be super confusing! All the different names, sizes, outputs, temps...

Yes, the 24" will normally fit the 22" bulb, as it leaves one inch on each size for the socket :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom