She's a Figment of your Imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatsby

I bought her at the reptile expo in Toronto on September 10th, 2017. I was pretty sure she was a girl, but the guy said male. I have since confirmed with a flash light, she's a female.
I'm guessing around 3 months old now.
Pick of then
95465-8214179673.jpg
and now
95465-8941987170.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks very good ! Nice reddish tone, looks like a leatherback ? Just out of curiosity, can you post a few pics with tail ached up high in the air ? I'd like to see why the breeder thought it was a male. Some newbie breeders really just guess, but then some small dragons are tricky to sex. At the size that you bought her she wasn't really TOO small to tell though.

Gatsby

Original Poster
Set up as requested
95465-7732944283.jpg
And under her tail, best pic I can get for now
95465-4445003895.jpg

I'm not sure of the specific type, I didn't know enough to ask. I was also in a super rush to get the dragon and get back home that day

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Actually you need to set her flat on a table or on your hand and arch the tail high in the air to be able to tel. Think of a dog that has it's tail up when it's excited. If it's too much trouble just do it at your convenience.

Your set up looks very nice , good to see a big basking log rather than an artificial climbing hammock. The one thing to change is the red bulb, those are pet store's bread + butter....a bulb that irritates the eyes + does not produce a natural crisp white light as they would experience in nature. You can replace it with a plain halogen bulb [ like a par 38 ] from Home Depot or Walmart.

Gatsby

Original Poster
She wont hold still for me to hold her tail up and take a pic, and I'm on my way to the store to replace the bulb as my pay came in a day early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom