Meet Binx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinxysMom

Hello All!
Į am so happy to be here as a fellow dragon Mom. I had a bearded dragon growing up named Maddy that I loved very much. After she passed, I was just getting out on my own and really starting my life so it’s now been about 6 or 7 years since I’ve had one. In that time I’ve acquired a cat and have a large aquarium for my two goldfish. I realized a few weeks ago how much I missed having a little scaly friend and decided it was time for me to get another after contemplating it for a few months.

So here he is! Meet Binx. Literally my pride and joy. He’s a crazy little guy, always planning some elaborate escape mission when I have him out on my bed. This little guy can eat too! I’ve spent a disgusting amount of money on crickets in the 3 weeks that I’ve had him. So I’ll definitely look into buying in bulk online / eventually going onto dubias. He is also served collard greens and such/ occasionally millworms. He’s just finished shedding from his neck to the base of his tail, and I’m so excited to watch him grow and see how much of his bright orange he keeps! I did get him from Petsmart, and of course the kid who got him ready to go for me had zero information for me on his exact age/morph ect. All I know is he was the biggest/ most alert in the enclosure labeled ‘fancy bearded dragons’. I have been doing a lot of research, and have some ideas as to what morph he is, but I was hoping someone could add in their expertise and give me a solid answer. I understand it may be too early to tell as well. His little fingernails are clear, and his eyes are not black if that helps at all. Here’s a few pictures! Thank you so much in advance. This forum is so awesome and helpful.

PS- Typical me always writing a novel when I meant it to be a short excerpt. So sorry! Also the picture of him in the tank was taken as soon as I got home from work so his shedded skin was all over the tank.

-Kristen

95451-9594190926.jpg
95451-8804810503.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he is a beautiful, healthy looking dragon. :) Lots of great color coming in, time will tell how bright he becomes or if some of it fades. Are you positive that his nails have NO line at all through them ? They must be totally clear to be a hypo.

And yes, buy yourself 1,000 3/8" -1/2" crickets. Some cricket companies : Millbrook ships ONLY overnight so if ordered before noon today you should have then tomorrow ! Great Lakes hornworms ships 2 day, but they are very reliable and have the healthiest crickets I've ever bought. Keep the crickets at room temp. to keep them from growing too fast and feed them veggie scraps like the good greens we feed our beardies, also a bit of oatmeal or bran on the bottom of the cricket bin. Don't spend a penny on prepared cricket food....natural stuff like I mentioned is healthies, just check it for mold every few days .

The bin should be a medium plastic storage container that is pretty tall, the crix can't escape. Put cardboard egg crating in for them to climb on but don't prop it up too high, the beardies can potentially jump out. Just lay the cardboard in pieces on the floor of the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom