New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

womanofthewilds

Hey everyone. I'm Tracy. I've had a couple of Bearded Dragons in the past but just got a new baby named Lucifer. I'm not sure if it's a boy or girl yet, it's really small. He/she is 4 weeks old. I was wondering if y'all can help me identify the color/pattern. I'm still new to all the coloring/patterning and would love some guidance.

Here he/she looks way tiny in my hand, makes me look like a giant haha. The tail just shed so you can see how much lighter in color he/she is.
95342-5035580471.jpg

Here's another of him/her sleeping. Looks darker than in real life, may be the lighting.
95342-6857516356.jpg

And the last picture because I think it's so cute.
95342-7271125628.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, where did you get your little cutie ? It's a patternless dragon morph, those aren't usually found at pet store because they are a specialty + more expensive. Looks like witblit or zero type of morph.

womanofthewilds

Original Poster
AHBD":hdqig7fr said:
Hi there, where did you get your little cutie ? It's a patternless dragon morph, those aren't usually found at pet store because they are a specialty + more expensive. Looks like witblit or zero type of morph.

Hey. My friend actually found an ad on offer up for him and she knew I had been looking for one. These people didn’t really know anything about Bearded Dragons. So I kind of scored on him/her. Yeah I was thinking witblit from what I’ve read but wasn’t not sure. Could you tell me the difference between a witblit and a zero?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
womanofthewilds":17qedk28 said:
Hey everyone. I'm Tracy. I've had a couple of Bearded Dragons in the past but just got a new baby named Lucifer. I'm not sure if it's a boy or girl yet, it's really small. He/she is 4 weeks old. I was wondering if y'all can help me identify the color/pattern. I'm still new to all the coloring/patterning and would love some guidance.

Here he/she looks way tiny in my hand, makes me look like a giant haha. The tail just shed so you can see how much lighter in color he/she is.
95342-5035580471.jpg

OMG , she's tiny .... are you sure she's 4 weeks old , looks like she is maybe 2 weeks old.
How heavy is she ?

Here's another of him/her sleeping. Looks darker than in real life, may be the lighting.
95342-6857516356.jpg

95342-7271125628.jpg

What's the source of the purple glow ?

If you are using a black light or Moonlight glowbulb , neither are appropriate for a beardied dragon , and if a black light (UV globe or tube) the spectrum of UV produced is very poor.

I strongly suggest removing them immediately and replacing the black light UV tube with a Exo Terra , Zoo Med or Arcadia UVB globe or tube.

You need a good quality 10%-12% UVB compact (at least 26W) or T8 tube or T5HO tube for UV (A & B) .

Because not all UVB compacts, tubes and MVBs are created equal or as well made.
Many Chain Petshops sell their own brand , brands to avoid include :
Nomoy Pet,
Zilla,
All Living Things,
Reptile-One,
URS,
MegaRay Brand,
CrawlMiracle,
Nat Geo ,
Sparkzoo reptispar,
Repti-Zoo ,
Natural Selections (in green boxes) ,
all of which are cheap Chinese clones made very cheaply using very poor quality quartz glass and cheap phosphors ==> very poor UV spectrum produced including UVC and bad parts of the UVB band.

womanofthewilds

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":sjddahoa said:
womanofthewilds":sjddahoa said:

95342-5035580471.jpg

OMG , she's tiny .... are you sure she's 4 weeks old , looks like she is maybe 2 weeks old.
How heavy is she ?

95342-6857516356.jpg

95342-7271125628.jpg

What's the source of the purple glow ?

If you are using a black light or Moonlight glowbulb , neither are appropriate for a beardied dragon , and if a black light (UV globe or tube) the spectrum of UV produced is very poor.

I strongly suggest removing them immediately and replacing the black light UV tube with a Exo Terra , Zoo Med or Arcadia UVB globe or tube.

You need a good quality 10%-12% UVB compact (at least 26W) or T8 tube or T5HO tube for UV (A & B) .

Because not all UVB compacts, tubes and MVBs are created equal or as well made.
Many Chain Petshops sell their own brand , brands to avoid include :
Nomoy Pet,
Zilla,
All Living Things,
Reptile-One,
URS,
MegaRay Brand,
CrawlMiracle,
Nat Geo ,
Sparkzoo reptispar,
Repti-Zoo ,
Natural Selections (in green boxes) ,
all of which are cheap Chinese clones made very cheaply using very poor quality quartz glass and cheap phosphors ==> very poor UV spectrum produced including UVC and bad parts of the UVB band.

Thanks so much for the info. The glow was from a night time heat bulb I had to get because the one I got at the pet store was broken and by the time I got the light set up and realized it was broken the pet store was already closed and so I had to go to walmart which was the only thing open and get anything I could to keep him warm until morning.

The people I got him from knew nothing about Bearded Dragons, they told me he was 2 weeks old when I got him on 10/16. But they could have lied to me.

I'm wanting to learn everything I can to keep this little guy (by the way I saw you can gently lift the tail and shine a flash light to sex the dragons so I did that and it looks like a male, still might be too small to tell for sure?) I bought a food scale to weigh him and today he was 3grams. For age would that be under weight? He is 4.75 inches from nose to tail as well.

As for my set up I have him in a 10 gallon for right now since he's so small. The lights I am using are Zilla Desert Series 50 T8 Fluorescent Bulb says it provides Desert UVB and UVA, says full spectrum 18" 15 watt. For the basking light I have an Exo Terra 75W infrared basking spot in a mini dome and I have it hanging so I can change the distance from top of cage for more or less heat. I have a heat gun I use to take the temperature. I know this is probably a dumb question but does it need to be as warm in the tank at night as it does in the day? Any advice on what I can do to better his set up would be greatly appreciated. I'm here to learn all I can.

Here is a picture of the set up.
95342-648453073.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Night temps. can go down to 65, if colder get a CHE [ ceramic heat emitter ] that produces heat but no light. Colored light disturbs their sleep.

Be sure to check the Zilla fixture, some of them come with a plastic shield over the bulb. Remove it right away, it blocks all the uvb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom