meet Jean-Luc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi! i have a bearded dragon and posted in health about him,, so go check it out! he is a orange morph, loves to run around, and it's usually a very Lively eater, until the time for brumation comes around. Now he has no appetite and is trying to brumate but is too young, so I have to keep him awake. His eating has gotten better, it's still not regular but it's much better than not eating anything at all he eats 20 or so cockroaches every other day.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! If you can post some photos of him and his enclosure it would help us to determine his overall health and rule out issues with his habitat. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them using the XIMG button when you reply. Details about temperatures across the tank, and how far above the basking site your ReptiSun 10 is would be helpful as well.

wolffriend

Original Poster
his uvb is about 10 inches above the ground and 5 inches away from the basking spot. the temperature is 110 at the basking spot, and 80 at the cool side

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK that gradient is good. He looks healthy based on that photo. It look like you have a T8 UVB light without a reflector. I suggest using a fixture with a reflector to help concentrate the UVB. It should be mounted overhead rather than at the side and should sit about 6-8'' above the basking area for best effect.

wolffriend

Original Poster
ok! from what i heard, the mesh blocks the UVB from coming through, so that's why i put it on the side.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the mesh does intercept some of the output. A T8 should still be mounted under the mesh but a T5 is powerful enough so that it is still effective through most mesh (depending on how fine it is) if it's used with a reflector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom