New bearded dragon-Middle school classroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is Papi my bearded dragon(the kids named him). He lives in a classroom during the week to hang out with middle schoolers. I don’t let them touch him much yet, because he is a baby. I don’t actually know if it is a boy or girl. I’m hoping it’s a boy, because they grow slightly larger sometimes. I want him to be big and confident so kids can handle him easily when he is an adult.

How do you get your bearded dragon to be social? He hates baths. Doesn’t mind me holding him, but I think it stresses him out a little. He is pretty chill for a young beardie. I think he is 3 or 4 months. I have had him for about a little over month. I bought him from petco, because I got an awesome grant, so I don’t know how old he was when I got him.

File!20Oct!2030,!205!2000!2042!20PM.jpeg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! Papi looks pretty good + healthy from that pic. Hopefully he'll settle in O.K and grow to be a big calm lizard. :) First of all you can cut out the baths....only need them if they're dirty or if they like to drink in it. For hydration you can just drip water on his snout with an eyedropper to give him a chance th drink.

Is he eating well, and what are you feeding him ? Food will hydrate him to a degree also. Can you post pics of his entire set up and list the exact type + brand of lights you have ? And I could probably sex him for you if you could hold him still on your hand and pull his tail up so it's straight up high in the air, then take pics of his vent [ rear end ] If he's too wild then just wait until he becomes a calmer [ hopefully :) ] lizard in the future.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
MandiandPapi":1ygah1w0 said:
Hello,

This is Papi my bearded dragon(the kids named him). He lives in a classroom during the week to hang out with middle schoolers. I don’t let them touch him much yet, because he is a baby. I don’t actually know if it is a boy or girl. I’m hoping it’s a boy, because they grow slightly larger sometimes. I want him to be big and confident so kids can handle him easily when he is an adult.
<<<< someone should have told my Peppa (F) and Toothless (M) .... siblings who I've raise from about 5 weeks old.
<<<< he's 200g lighter than she is , but makes up for it with his attitude, he's a force of nature !!
<<<< she's 24 inches and 720g of mega smoogy beardie , adores snuggles.

How do you get your bearded dragon to be social? He hates baths.
<<<< cut the baths , not necessary and not worth stressing him with them.

Doesn’t mind me holding him, but I think it stresses him out a little. He is pretty chill for a young beardie. I think he is 3 or 4 months. I have had him for about a little over month. I bought him from petco, because I got an awesome grant, so I don’t know how old he was when I got him.

File!20Oct!2030,!205!2000!2042!20PM.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom