New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy123

Hello, i am a new Beardie owner . About 3 weeks in and my Missy had 19 eggs . I dont know anything about reptiles so i am learning as i go . She came with a male so most eggs are fertile .
My questions are how do i lay them in the incabator i have read several things . Can be anyway?or needs to be oval side up ? can i turn them now they were layed 2 days ago?

More questions day 2 after first clutch and she is digging again . I checked nothing there she hasnt gained weight back yet so im concerened . Do i need to put soil in a dig box again?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Missy, if you have them together be sure to separate the male in to his own enclosure. She will be very stressed if kept with him.

Here is how to set up the eggs....I used to have vermiculite dampened with enough water to hold it's shape when squeezed but not have excess water dribble out. I mixed sand with it at times, that works too. These are in a plastic shoe box with holes in the lid. You can use smaller tubs as well that hold 6-8 eggs eacg if you prefer. The substrate should be about 3" deep.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29937/full

And yes, always have a laybox on hand, you can keep the same one to use through the year as long as it's clean. Just add warm water to dampen the soil/sand when she needs to lay eggs again. Be sure to give her a warm bath for a chance to drink, then put her right back in her warm tank.

Can you post pics of her, also how your eggs are set up including close ups ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom