Our newest family members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failmunky

Hello everyone!

The wife and I finally got a couple new family members (read:she wanted them... I've fallen in love with them...)

They have been with us now for a bit under a month, and in that time I have found myself learning TONS here, as I have never had a beardie, or any other reptile. With her work schedule I have been playing catch up to help keep them healthy and happy, as well as extensive day dreaming about building a custom habitat, as Adipose (the lighter, larger one) is definitely growing fast, and I strongly think that they will need their own spaces, though I wouldn't mind being wrong about that.

My greatest question at this time, is trying to ID what specific (sub) species we have, given the drastic differences in coloration and growth rates.... if they are different. If not, then I definitely need to get homes made so Abbadon can catch up, as we obtained them from a chain,which I feel somewhat ashamed to admit.

Regardless, I look forward to continuing to improve their lives and my knowledge, and a huge thanks to all who have already shared with myself and everyone.

95214-1370805344.jpg
About 20 days after homecoming

95214-119288411.jpg
Adipose

95214-5340344603.jpg
Abbadon

95214-4149133791.jpg
Homecoming day

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They're cute little ones. You are right that they will need their own spaces. They should each get about 4x2x2' of space (or larger). Stackable tanks might work out well if you're limited on space. That way they will have their own food source, hides, and basking spaces so they won't wind up competing for resources or fighting. I would check out the DIY and Enclosures section for some ideas on custom builds. Some folks get really creative and wind up with wonderful enclosures for their little buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom