New here, kinda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stalked these forums for over a year, even before I decided to get a bearded dragon! This is my go-to place for information about beardies. I finally made an account, and hope to be an active member. Here are my two dragons, Tamale, who is 8 months old, and my new unnamed baby, who is about 5 weeks old. I've had tons of snakes over the years, and Tamale is my first lizard....he has me hooked. I'm in love with bearded dragons now, and will probably forever have one. I've had him 6 months, and he's really just the best nonmammal animal I've ever had. :D

Here is Tamale!
91621-890055825.jpg
He smile.
91621-370536950.jpg
He eat greens, only if they dry out some.
91621-4603150287.jpg
He grow!
91621-9236941984.jpg
Dragon den
91621-1755621159.jpg
91621-247342666.jpg
He really does have lots of personality!

Here is my unnamed (90 percent sure) male! Any suggestions would be great, I'm having a hard time!
91621-8862238144.jpg
91621-7957393801.jpg
(That's rust on my plug from the ring)

They are housed separately, both have UVB reptisun 10.0 long bulbs, basking lights, get calcium dusted bugs, offered greens (I say offered, because they are rarely accepted), and get regular interaction! Kept safe from my dogs, not put together EVER, and both are very loved. Tamale is sick with an URI and minor mouth rot from it(the weather has been really weird here, the night temps dropped a few times here and I didn't have a CHE for him since it WAS above 65 at night, he's got one now for cold nights) but he is getting better. Two more weeks of antibiotics and he will be good. The little one....has been with me for a week, but he's a cutie. Very rusty red when he's happy. Eats like a monster. Whelp.....that my dragon family.......for now!

Akire

Hi there :wave:

Even though you've stalked the forums for a year I will still say welcome! :wink:
Your beardies are so handsome! Thanks for sharing your dragon family with us.

CactusDogs

Original Poster
Akire":gv44jwru said:
Hi there :wave:

Even though you've stalked the forums for a year I will still say welcome! :wink:
Your beardies are so handsome! Thanks for sharing your dragon family with us.

Thank you! I am glad to be here, lots of great people willing to help!

QueenOwlephant":gv44jwru said:
Soooooo cute! Congratulations on the baby. Im new as well, so welcome!! How did you pick out your dragons? They are gorgeous.

Welcome as well! I got Tamale from a man on Craigslist, he had him with a leatherback, and I had my choice of the two. Tamale stood out to me, he was a little underfed and stained red from the sand he was kept on. I went to see him and immediately I knew he was supposed to be mine. Took him home, fed him lots, and he's grown on me every day since! He gets mad when I put him back after holding him, he gives me stink eye lol
The little one....I got a better job and can now afford another one, so I have been looking for about a month. My local reptile specialty store has beardies they breed (they keep them at the store, so you can see the parents) and they had about 10 babies. I originally had my heart set on a leatherback, because their skin is just too cool, but after I saw each baby, I decided on him because he was the friendliest. He ran to the tank door (front sliding doors) when I came in, and then when I put him back, so it was like he was asking to go with me lol I couldn't see his colors well in the store cause it's dimly lit outside the cages, but when I got him home he brightened like a light. He's rusty red and grey when he's cold or unhappy, but when he's in a good mood.....it's like he's a peachy fire color. So I think I made a good choice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom