Is my boy too skinny? *idk how to post pics so I’ll describe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have had my by since a month old, he is now ten months. I feed him everyday, he gets his collards twice a week, and gets crickets all the rest of the days. I system his food in calcium and vitamins. He is 17 inches and 325 grams. He has some loose skin a around the belly area, and top of the back. have another concern as well, mars will never go in his cage anymore, only with long soak in the bath, and it’s normal sized, not smelly, etc. I don’t mind it, but it would be nice not to have to bathe him every other day. His hot side temps are 106, all the time, and his cold side temps are about seventy. He has been a lot less active? He recently went to the vet for me down for abnormal poop, ut he’s all good now. He just goes to sleep a bit more early, doesn’t bask as much. We hold him everyday. Not brumating, I know as such because he still gets up everyday and basks till 6pm the goes to sleep, etc. his lights and uvb tube 10.0 turn off at 8pm.

Please help! :oops:

Beardielover334

Original Poster
I’m using an ipaD, I can’t figure it out, how to upload pictures, but he has loose skin around belly ANd back, his fat pads look good though.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the mobile version of the site is loading, click on the green menu button in the upper left. Scroll down to user image upload manager under "other fun stuff". Click on new upload and press choose file. Select your photo library or take a new photo. Press the upload button when you've picked a photo. Then when you reply to your thread press the XIMG button to select your photo to insert it in the thread.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty good. He might still benefit from a bug meal every day. Make sure the crickets get some fresh veges to munch on so they're well hydrated when they get to him. I'd also offer a salad every day. He may enjoy different kinds of squash shedded up over his greens. That will help give him a nice balanced diet.

I'd take advantage of him not wanting to poop in his tank. Set a routine so he gets time outside the tank about the same time every day. If you can put him on a surface that's easy to clean such as vinyl or tile floor then you may be able to train him to go on the easy to clean floor rather than the tank.

Beardielover334

Original Poster
never thought of it that way, we already take him outside almost everyday, so he can bask in the natural sun. What are some veggies I could give him? He eats collards, witch I’ll start feeding everyday, and is there any thing I should put on top besides vitamins? He hasn’t been to interested in crix lately, but we got more today just for him. He ate 4 crix, and im about to try feeding him more. He only poop so in the bath, as of now. And, would slate or textured tile be better as a substrate? I heard it way better than repti carpet. Thank you so much for all your help!

Here’s his setup

94776-3960525901.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good temperature range. You may want to try and move the UVB closer to the basking area so it's high temp and high UVB at the same spot.

I've had good luck offering chopped/shredded squash and chopped green beans and bell peppers. I'd just rotate depending on what looks fresh at the store. This is a good list to reference for ideas: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html Variety is key. If you offer a nice variety you don't need to add supplement to the salad. That should be reserved for the bugs to make up for their mineral deficiencies. A salad is nice and healthy on it's own.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use it. It's easy to clean and looks nice. It's hard though so if it starts to be tough on their feet you'll need to provide some relief. It doesn't allow for digging/burrowing either. I've found that putting some small fleece blankets down over part of the tile helps a lot.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I switched from Repti carpet to non adhesive shelf liner. That's been the best so far, easy to clean, no bugs get under it. I have some blankets in the for him too.
83443-2441832237.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom