King Loki the Beardo and newbie mom saying hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimsalsa

I have a son turning 6 next week and he's been asking for a chameleon, did some research which all pointed to them being delicate. Then considered an iguana, but research pointed to them being potentially aggressive. So the research continued and I started learning about bearded dragons. I found a guy on Craigslist selling King with his entire set up. The guy was really nice and we chatted for weeks before I decided to meet King, he answered all my questions and taught me a lot. So we met King last week and I fell in love. He's approximately 2.5 years old, a big boy, with a very easy going personality.

He got REALLY agitated in his tank on the way home, and his previous owner (who I've been in touch with and continues to answer questions and ask about King) told me not to handle him for a day or so. We set him up in my son's room and I thought he'd appreciate the quiet in there. Well I kept hearing him pace, and I'd keep checking on him, he'd settle then when I left he'd start the pacing and trying to climb out of the tank again. So finally I decided to take him out. He snuggled right up on my shoulder and never moved. I noticed this performance repeating and after another day I moved his set up to the living room, where he can be a part of the crazy all day. Now when I see him pacing I just grab him and wear him around for a bit. He also enjoys exploring around the house, and tentatively licks everything! LOL

He's great with my children and I love that he's a snuggler. If that's possible. It's going to take me some time to figure out his behaviors, like he goes all black beard sometimes even when he seems perfectly happy, he hates baths but will chug water from a bowl, he's indifferent towards his greens but will decimate entire cricket populations, etc.

I'm happy to have found this site so I can research and learn more about this amazing animal!

Have a great day!

94491-3477260210.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! He looks like a nice healthy dragon. I'm glad to hear he's settling in with you so well =).

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Big baby. Mine as its so young right now wants to go to my shoulders because the trust hasn't been built yet. He's only a couple months old and I don't want them to fall off my shoulders to the floor.

Congrats on your beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom