New bearded dragon. Help with morph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codedee

Hello, my name is Cody and about a week ago I got my bearded friend Smaug. He seems to be settling well inside the custom 3.5x1.75x1.75' enclosure I build him (I'll post picture of that soon if anyone is interested). I'm really excited to finally have a beardie as I've been wanting one for a year or so now! He's a bit skitish for the time being but I'm assuming it's because of his young age (approx. 3 months) and his recent transition to his new home.

I was wondering if you guys could help me verify his morph. The pet store we bought him from listed him as a Witblit 66% Hypo. From what I've read this means that he's a wiblit with a 66% chance of carrying the hypomelanism gene. However, what is confusing is that he has pretty bold patterns all over his body. I was under the impression witblits were completely patternless. Is he a het witblit? Is that even possible? Regardless, I love his colors and patterns, we just want some clarification on his morph out of pure curiousity. Thanks for the help :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Cody, congrats. on your very pretty + healthy looking dragon. :) I'm not sure how the Witblit gene expresses itself as far as one parent carrying the gene but he is not a Witblit but I guess he could be het. for Witblit. Where did you get him ?

And yes, please do post pics of his set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom