Brand new owner of a Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracothebeardy

Hello,
I'm brand new to owning a bearded dragon but I bought one for my 5th grade classroom. I'm still learning everyday how to care for him. I may have many questions...

Savora

Hatchling Member
Hi! Be sure to read many care sheets about owning a beardie. A good place to start is https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/caresheet/

I suppose the most important things are husbandry (proper UVB levels, temperatures, and a not-loose substrate) and proper food sources and supplementation. But a good care sheet should cover all of those!

Just come here if you have questions. Good luck with your beardie! May we have photos of the little fella and their new home? :)

dracothebeardy

Original Poster
Quick question, my beardy tends to run away from the crickets I give him. I place him under his heat lamp to warm him up and give him more confidence, then he just stares at them. He doesn't eat them when I'm there. Should I give him a time limit and try to feed him later. He's just a baby.

ulintze29

Hello and welcome! As a baby, he should be eating like crazy.. What size crickets are you giving him? They should be no larger than the space between his eyes. He may not go after them if they are large-sized crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom