New bearded dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I would like to take a minute to show off my new baby! I am a first time bearded dragon owner so I'm a little nervous, but I've done a ton of research so I think I'll be ok.

Here's the little guy/girl!
93626-8551448751.jpg
93626-8020540671.jpg
93626-7695904043.jpg

I'm not sure if it's a boy or a girl. And I haven't picked out a name yet.
It started basking as soon as I put it in its tank and it gobbled some dubias right away.

What do you all think of my enclosure? Is there anything I should change? I feel like it looks a little bare, like it needs something to spruce it up a bit. Any suggestions?

Hello, welcome! Kudos on the research; it's nice to see new owners reading up before getting their dragon :)

Your beardie and setup both look great. The walls of the viv make me think it's a fancy lizard hotel! :lol: I do have a few questions: what kind of substrate are you using? I can't quite tell from the picture. Also, how close can the lizard get to the UVB bulb?

Savora

Hatchling Member
I love your enclosure! The background is definitely a good idea, and is giving me ideas for repurposing used gift wrap for a pretty new background for my viv. Hah!

LaurenLu92

Original Poster
daughterofMyou":2jc3bkci said:
Hello, welcome! Kudos on the research; it's nice to see new owners reading up before getting their dragon :)

Your beardie and setup both look great. The walls of the viv make me think it's a fancy lizard hotel! :lol: I do have a few questions: what kind of substrate are you using? I can't quite tell from the picture. Also, how close can the lizard get to the UVB bulb?

The substrate is reptile carpet. And the beardie can't get super close, the wall of the tank is 18 inches high and the light is mounted a couple inches down from the top.

And thanks everyone, I like the background too. It's actually contact paper. I was going to use the rock background that came with the tank, but I thought this looked a lot fancier, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom