New User/Juvenile Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

killeroguro

Hey everyone!

I've been around this forum for about a week now since I got my dragon, making use of all the good info on here, but I just officially became a part of it.

My name's Dylan, I'm located in Oregon and got my 8-month-old dragon Thorn about a week ago. My friend had her since she was very young, I think she got her from either petsmart or petco. She gave her to me because she did not have enough time for her and was not able to take care of her well enough, as was evident by the fact that for a couple weeks before I got her she was without a heat lamp :( Her limbs quivered a lot when she moved and she was a bit lethargic for the first few days, but the shakiness has all but gone away and she seems to have more energy. I've been having her sleep with me on my chest(I am a light sleeper and am aware of my movements), and I have also been taking her with me most places that I go, making sure of course that she is getting lots of sunlight. It's been in the 80's this week, and I've been putting her in my shirt frequently to make sure she stays warm enough. She has been eating about 4/5 crickets per day, which I've read is pretty normal since she just moved homes and is under a bit of stress. She has eaten a couple superworms, but doesn't want any part of the veggies I offer her. I've been bathing her daily; something that stressed her out more at the beginning of the week, but that she now tolerates.

Hopefully I didn't go overboard on that introduction, but I just wanted to give a good amount of info for future reference since I'll probably be asking lots of questions on here! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom