New user, baby beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, nice to meet you. :)

Just a quick post to meet and greet, as it were. I've owned beardies for many years, and have learned from my mistakes. Currently getting used to a new dragon, a leatherback named Bandit. (S)he seems to have an eye infection, and has gone off solid food, so we're booked for the vets on Friday. Fun times!

This site has taught me a lot, and I hope to learn a lot more (and maybe make some friends on the way!).
-Megan

Hi folks, nice to meet you. :)

Just a quick post to meet and greet, as it were. I've owned beardies for many years, and have learned from my mistakes. Currently getting used to a new dragon, a leatherback named Bandit. (S)he seems to have an eye infection, and has gone off solid food, so we're booked for the vets on Friday. Fun times!

This site has taught me a lot, and I hope to learn a lot more (and maybe make some friends on the way!).
-Megan

Welcome, Megan :). I'm new here, too (just a few days), but I'm also new to Beardie slavehood :lol: . I've been reading this site like crazy, both a few weeks before getting Buddy, and since then. I hope Bandit is cleared of his eye infection quickly, and gets back to feeling good asap.

I look forward to seeing photos of your dragon. I love those Leatherbacks. Smooooooth on the hands, and they seem to intensify the appearance of their colors and markings.

daughterofMyou

Original Poster
IrishEyesMrsZ":2e8dun0u said:
Welcome, Megan :)

Thank you!
I thought I should post pictures of my setup and dragon-child :D

94041-8761930884.jpg

1. 48 gallon wooden tank with circle of mesh guard on top.
  2. Basking spot: Exo Terra SunGlo Daylight Lamp (100W). Sits atop mesh circle, over the highest point of the felt/string-wrapped log. Mounted in a ceramic Exo Terra Glow Light Reflector (21cm).
  3. Nighttime heating: Exo Terra Ceramic Heat Emitter (100W), also mounted in a ceramic reflector. I swap the two around at bedtime.
  4. UVB: Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB 24inch (18W), ceiling-mounted at back of tank.
  5. UVA: Exo Terra Repti Glo 2.0 Tube (25W).

(S)he has a few fake plants, rocks, bits of wood, and resin logs to climb on or sleep in. Also a water dish (pictured left), a bowl for greens (propped up on the slate in the corner), and a bowl for waxworms (not pictured, sits in middle/front of tank). The habitat substrate is Komodo reptile carpet, and I've mounted an aquarium background to the rear wall for something to look at. Hydrometer pictured on right; two digital thermometers off-screen. The grey-blue thing is my balled-up shirt, to get Bandit used to my scent! :)

daughterofMyou

Original Poster
Southpaw":1oq0z9ee said:
Welcome aboard! :wave:

Thanks! Nice to meet you! :D

Here is Bandit, in the basking spot. It's a wooden log, wrapped in reptile carpet and string because it was too smooth to climb!
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom