New bearded dragon named Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veloster

Hey everyone,

I just got this little guy yesterday. I took him home and put him inside his enclosure and he seems to be enjoying it a lot. I fed him some crickets last night and he ate probably 10 or so, I guess the store fed him earlier perhaps?

Anyways, can someone help me guesstimate his age?

Any pro tips for new owners or feedback about my enclosure?

nViFdkh.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Spike looks like he's happily surveying his domain. :) How's he doing today ? Can you list the exact type + brand of lights you're using ? Looks like you have either a coil or compact uvb, those can't reach very far down in the tank so he'd have to sit in a high spot directly under it to get any uvb at all.

You'll need to get a long tube Reptisun 10.0 t5 HO or an Arcadia D3 12%. Those give off the best amount of uvb.

Veloster

Original Poster
Thanks for the comment, yes - he loves his log! Always sitting on it! Makes me happy to see him there and not hiding from his new owner.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry, I hit submit right after that comment and didn't finish my post so I went back and added more info. And BTW, he looks about 8-10 weeks old.

Veloster

Original Poster
AHBD":7xicxfdq said:
Sorry, I hit submit right after that comment and didn't finish my post so I went back and added more info. And BTW, he looks about 8-10 weeks old.

Thanks for the added info. One side has a blueish tinted light and the other is his basking area. Does that light bar replace both lights so I don't need both of them?

I also thought he was around that age based on his length... just wanted some feedback / input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom