Meet Gretchen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Hello! My name is Gretchen and i will be 6 months old on the 21st of August. I've been with my repti mom since May. My mom just moved me into a 90 gal tank on Sunday and i'm not thrilled about it. I've spent 2 days on my suspended basking area. She's fed me my worms and veggies and a few crickets out of a to go cup. I made it half way down my tree branch this morning cause mom had meal worms in her hand and she kept on moving it trying to make me follow it. It worked but only for 4 steps... So she picks me up and puts me down so i can explore the rest of my home and eat the roaming crickets but that usually doesn't last very long before i climb back up to my rock. Mom keeps on telling me to come down but i just won't do it....for now lol.
I'm not grey anymore so i'm not that angry with her anymore for moving me. I know ill love me new home eventually.
****As my mom was writing this i decided to walk down my ramp and explore all on my own and eat all the crickets she left me!!! Mom's SOOO HAPPY NOW! :D :p

full

full

full

full

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello! Welcome to the wonderful world of beardies! Gretchen's palace looks amazing!

The only thing I would be worried about is mealworms. Are you feeding them as a staple or a treat? If only fed a few on a rare occasion they are fine, but they should never be fed on a regular or semi-regular basis.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JessPets":3tfjy5kv said:
Hello! Welcome to the wonderful world of beardies! Gretchen's palace looks amazing!

The only thing I would be worried about is mealworms. Are you feeding them as a staple or a treat? If only fed a few on a rare occasion they are fine, but they should never be fed on a regular or semi-regular basis.

Oh no no her diet is crickets fruits and veggies. Meal worms were a way to try and get her down off her ledge to eat lol but she's up and about now so crickets will be back again. Only did the worm thing because she refused to go down for meals. Brought a few crickets to her nut meal worms were easier to handle for the day. She doesn't get then regularly but thank you for the advice!!!!

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JessPets":jekd0cbu said:
Great! You sound like an awesome beardie parent!

Aww thank you. It's been a stressful few months but she's finally in her forever big home and she's loving it!!! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom