Meet Drogon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LANING1

This is Drogon, I got him 2 days ago. He his 5 to 6 inch long, it is kind of hard to accurately measure. Me and my kids have already made him family. This is are first pet. My wife is scared to do anything with him lol. I got him when I went on vacation and spent several hours a day watching and trying to learn all I can. I know he is still getting adjusted to his new home and I only held him a few times for a min or so. I would like to be able to get a feed schedule going. Right now a put 5-10 crickets at a time in a travel container and wait for him to eat, after 20 min I put him back in his home. There is always a criket or to left over. I feed him 3 time a day and when I do I change is water. I'll be going back to work soon and I'll be gone form 3am to 3pm usually. I've been waking up at 6am to turn the light on and wait till and wait till 730 to feed. He rats again at 1 and at 6 lights off at 8pm. He goes to sleep very shortly after that. His temp is easily kept, about 80f in his cool area with his hide and water, and 105 with is basking light and a bark branch. His humidity his around 30 to 40 thru the day but in the middle of the night and before his light are on it gets to 50. He just started o shed yesterday Nd I know baths are good but with him so new I don't know how long to wait to give him one, I've been misting his back 4 or 5 times a day. I need help on getting a feeding schedule for when I go back to work. I would like to know if I could do anything better, so let me know. Thanks for any help.
93445-9507288411.jpg
93445-2393301074.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! It looks like he enjoys hiding in his plant. I suggest putting the lights on outlet timers so you can set a schedule and don't have to worry about it. I'd base his feeding schedule off of your schedule. Give him a couple of bug meals per day and leave a salad with him every day. The exact times of feedings don't matter so much but I would leave him at least an hour to bask after his last meal of the day. There are some ideas for items to put into a salad here http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

LANING1

Original Poster
Thank you I've been looking around me to vary his diet. Crickets are easy to get so are mealworms. I got some mini ones that just molted gonna see if he eats it. I gave him 2 5 min baths yesterday and 1 today, he doesn't like it much. I know the water is good because I use a baby floating thermometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom