Hi there! (Introduction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
93359-8306723241.jpg
93359-9518633843.jpg
Im Dan. I'm a 40yo single dad of 2 kids. Cambrie 16 and Caden 13. We own 4 green tree frogs, 2 juvenile beardies and 2 bettas.
I have always wanted a beardie but just didn't have the funds...well a friend of mine bought 2 baby beardies and had them for 3 days but her cat got a hold of one and she freaked out and gave them to me. I kept them in a 10 gal aquarium with mesh lid until this week. Now they are in a 55 gal tank with mesh lid. They seem to love the new environment and they are always happy to be held and will easily fall asleep on our hands.
Thanks for having us.
P.s. their names are Bruce and Natasha (Hulk and Black Window)

Dan/Cambrie/Caden
93359-8866107529.jpg

Dragonsandherps

Original Poster
In the one pic you can see Bruce wearing a "Chinamen" type hat. Cambrie made that for him and he wore it until it fell off (about 3 mins)

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. They are cuties :D However I just want to let you know you'll need to separate them. Beardies are territorial and will fight. Babies also nip at each other so don't be surprised if you see toes or nail nips. Also you'll want to replace the uvb light they have with a reptisun 10.0 t5. Those coil/compacts don't put off very good uvb, they cause eye problems and lethargy.

Dragonsandherps

Original Poster
destiny1998":1jtzaa2x said:
Hi. They are cuties :D However I just want to let you know you'll need to separate them. Beardies are territorial and will fight. Babies also nip at each other so don't be surprised if you see toes or nail nips. Also you'll want to replace the uvb light they have with a reptisun 10.0 t5. Those coil/compacts don't put off very good uvb, they cause eye problems and lethargy.

I figured I would have to at some point. As of right now they haven't ever nipped at one another at all. I watch them a lot and so do my heathens. I actually added a t5 10.0 today after posting. Its a 24" fixture but I think it will work for now. Thank you for the advice! I'm a huge noob to this hobby and ill gladly accept any advice from anyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom