HELLO! :) Newbie dragon owner, but I love my Smaug so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

Hello everyone! I'm new here, and new at owning a dragon, but I am in love. I got my beardie "Smaug" a couple of weeks ago from my brother. He is moving out for college and told me I could have him, It was a happy day:). I already posted here once asking a question about my dragons health, and immediatly got answers, so I immediately took action and my Smaug is happy and healthy again!:).
He is 2 years old right now, we (my brother an I) are pretty sure. Because he got it almost a year ago when he was 1 (more or less) year old. I got a big boy instead of a baby onw. And I fell in love immedatly, showed me his beard once, and never has he shown any sign of aggression. He is just the cuddliest and most loving beardie.
Smaug is recovering right now, she was lacking UVB lights for a while now. And as of a week ago she became a bit ill. But thanks to you guys, I got the help I needed and took action. Today was his first full day with the AVB light, and it only took an hour or so for him to be back up on his feet, climbed to his basking spot, and watched me use my computers like he always does :). I never knew I would get so attached to a lizard, or have one as a pet to be honest haha.

93306-5771069135.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They are wonderful little creatures, even people who think they don't like reptiles are often " converted " once they see how sweet a beardie can be. :)

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
I'm so glad Smaug is on the road to recovery! It sounds like you'll be a wonderful beardie parent :D one of my roommates actually was insistent on getting a cat or other furry animal, but our other roommate is extremely allergic to the dander/hair. She was also insistent that she would absolutely never get a reptile because you can't get attached and they just sit there.
Not true! lol I was sooo glad to be able to finally move my babies back in with me once I was out of the college dorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom