Hello, I'm new here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I am a new member to this site, as well has a new bearded dragon owner! I discovered this site looking for the best things to give my beardie, and I'm ordering some stuff tomorrow that I hope will make him even more comfortable c: Anyways, please call me Rowan! And if you have any tips, questions, advice, etc. for me, feel free to say it!

Anyways, here's some pictures of my guy, Mushu!:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Rowan....Mushu looks quite alert + healthy , nice orange color on him after that shed just came off. I see he still has a little " skull cap. " of shed skin:)

Just to be sure he has everything he needs, can you post a few pics of his set up as well as list the exact type + brand of lights you are using ?

Enderdragon85458

Original Poster
The person I got him from gave me nothing about which lights they were, however I believe that both are Mercury vapor? 100 and 50 watt or so.

I am also getting a ceramic heat emitter and some hammocks to play on, and may add a blanket thing too.

The guy also gave me about nothing for his enclosure, and I roved the water bowl has his humidity got into the 60s and I needed a way to tone it down.

Edit: one of the bulbs is what I believe to be Mercury Vapor, whereas the other is a coiled bulb of which I'm unsure of anything about.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The decor looks O.K, it would be great to add one long basking branch that spans most of the tank. You can prop it up with the log perch you already have and angle it toward the top of the tank. I collect my basking wood outside, pop it in a preheated oven for 60 minutes and it's free cage decor good to go.

As for the lights, you need to be 100 % certain of what they are. Tonight when you turn out the lights and the bulb cools down, unscrew the one that you think ia a MVB. It will have the name on the side of the neck.

You might need a new one anyway, so I recommend this one, lasts a long time and is highly rated. Here's a link:

http://www.joshsfrogs.com/mega-ray-mercury-vapor-bulb-100-watt.html

Enderdragon85458

Original Poster
Wouldn't I be worried about it catching on fire, then? I'll definitely do it, has I want him to be as comfortable has he can be c: My dad also does landscaping and such, so I can easily get a branch from him.

I'll also check the light on the bulb when I turn off the lights, too. I have once, however I forgot what I had read on the bulb. If it isn't, I'll try and get one within a week or two.

Also, thank you very much for the advice! :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) And no, you set the oven at 225 and when you put the wood in, take out all the racks except the bottom one and make sure the wood doesn't touch any of the heating elements as you place it in.

If you're too worried you can just get one from a pet store though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom