Charmander our newest addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chorizo28

Hi my name is tearesa and I recently became an owner of a beautiful beardie and I also recently found out that she wasn't a he ?. Well I do have a few questions.
1. When we got her, she let us hold her. Now, she doesn't let us!? What could be the cause of this??
2. She eats and poops regularly(everyday at the same time) but she acts as if she doesn't get enough food. We feed her crickets and waxworms. But she doesn't eat 20-80 crickets a day. She barely eats 20. Should I be worried??
3. Her tail looks as if it hasn't shed. But she sheds in just 2 hrs. Could this be causing her to be mean??

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
Chorizo28":1f9jlzad said:
Hi my name is tearesa and I recently became an owner of a beautiful beardie and I also recently found out that she wasn't a he ?. Well I do have a few questions.
1. When we got her, she let us hold her. Now, she doesn't let us!? What could be the cause of this??
She is still settling in, give her time and be calm with her to pick her up.
2. She eats and poops regularly(everyday at the same time) but she acts as if she doesn't get enough food. We feed her crickets and waxworms. But she doesn't eat 20-80 crickets a day. She barely eats 20. Should I be worried?? No, as said before, you just got her you still need to give her time, she'll be gobbling up the 50 that you want her to. Don't feed waxworms as a staple, they're very fatty and should only be used for sick beardies that need weight, or as treats.
3. Her tail looks as if it hasn't shed. But she sheds in just 2 hrs. Could this be causing her to be mean?? Possibly, some beardies get cranky and disturbed if you bother them while they're shedding. That could also be part of th reason she isn't eating as much as you want her to,
but she'll come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom